Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost i would like to thank Greg for guiding me through the install over the phone even on his day off (can you say customer service) and sexterraPA for his step by step instructions. You guys rock!! Thanks also who chimed in when i needed help.

OK. The lift started late Sat afternoon and ended late Sun afternoon. Most of it was fairly easy except for trying to fit those Radflo washers and spacers in the shock mount and cutting the UCA bolt. The only thing about the rear was trying to get the passenger side shackle off. I found it easier to remove the last exhaust hanger so the shackle has more room to come off.

All i can say is the ride and stance are a night and day difference from stock. The ride is much better even though the front is stiffer. I thought my wife was going to trip out cause of the height but after going for a test drive she commented on how the rear doesnt bottom out anymore. I do have a slight vibration at around 35-40mph and again at around 80ish. Not too bad but i think ill get the shims just in case my wife complains since she drives it on weekdays to work. NO alignment issues so far and my steering wheel is straight and true. Im still gonna get the alignment done though. Well enough yapping, here are the pics. Oh yeah, at full flex, the brake lines are still cool so no need for them.

Here is my pinion angle. How does it look?

·
on line
3,050 Posts
looks awesome...your now an expert on the install

would you suggest buying the shims when purchasing the total lift kit at the begining? or after the lift? where do the shims go?

·
on line
610 Posts
Looks sweet 3100. I ordered the same. I have them now. Do you know what it's like to have something like this sitting in your house, including new tires, waiting on your friends cause you're not a mechanic or have the tools for over a week...???? lol I'm going to beat someone after the install.

Good job dude. Keep us posted on the vibration/shim action.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i actually had aslight mishap during the install. while removing the u bolts, i did not know you were supposed to do one at a time. i supported the axle with jack stands and i thought i had jacked up the pumpkin but there was a slight gap in between the jack and the axle. as soon as i unbolted the u bolts, the axle dropped a little on to the jack stands and the jack. i sure hope i didnt mess up the CV. so far no ill effects other than the slight vibes at 35 and again at 80. im gonna go to gregs to pick up the shims when he gets them. well see after that.

Schlitzy, yes i know how that feels. i had all the tools and was ready to do this last october but we backed out of the house we were supposed to buy. i contemplated doing this last month but things came up. im just glad i finally did. now i gotta get this bad boy in the dirt and reap the benefits.

·
on line
610 Posts
xterra3100 said:
i had all the tools and was ready to do this last october but we backed out of the house we were supposed to buy. i contemplated doing this last month but things came up. im just glad i finally did. now i gotta get this bad boy in the dirt and reap the benefits.
Better late than never! I hope you get your vibrations worked out.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know I know some of the pics i post are from my garage. Everytime i bring my cam out to the runs, i end up having too much fun to take pics. I have some but none with the new lift and dirt. They'll be coming soon enough.

·
on line
139 Posts
tim13con said:
Looks sweet. Nice job. you gonna make it out of the parking garage? :laughing6:
Ha! I was thinking the same thing. Looks sweet.

What did you end up buying and how much did it hit the wallet? You mentioned Radflos and new u bolts and shackles (deaver and shackles in the rear?).

Final quesiton: how tough would this be for a complete n00b to do? I know, it's different for everybody, but I can read, so that's a start. :)

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The price came out to about $1600 for everything. This included the extended length Radflos, PRG uca's, PRG shackles, Bilstein 5125, and Deaver mini pack. I didnt get the U bolts but im gonna go back and get the shims and cambolts from Greg when he gets them in. I was new to actually lifting vehicles. In the past i worked on different suspension setups but they were on lowered vehicles. I had all the tools but i just took my sweet time cause i didnt want to rush and screw something up. I did have to call Greg a few times and he was really helpful in guiding me through my first lift install. My suggestion would be to call Greg and tell him what you want. He'll guide you through what you need and what you dont. If you dont already have his number its 951-780-5331

·
on line
139 Posts
xterra3100 said:
The price came out to about $1600 for everything. This included the extended length Radflos, PRG uca's, PRG shackles, Bilstein 5125, and Deaver mini pack. I didnt get the U bolts but im gonna go back and get the shims and cambolts from Greg when he gets them in. I was new to actually lifting vehicles. In the past i worked on different suspension setups but they were on lowered vehicles. I had all the tools but i just took my sweet time cause i didnt want to rush and screw something up. I did have to call Greg a few times and he was really helpful in guiding me through my first lift install. My suggestion would be to call Greg and tell him what you want. He'll guide you through what you need and what you dont. If you dont already have his number its 951-780-5331
Sweet! That's exactly what I was looking for in an answer. And actually, that was the setup I was interested in too. But, becuase I don't do much(any?) wheeling now, I thought maybe I could just get away with spacers up front with the deaver, shackles and Bilsteins in back. But many of you have taken the stance of just going the route you did. But it's still a toss up for me. Thanks again, nice lookin ride.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts