Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would highly recommend that anybody in Washington or northern California make plans to come up to our dunes park in Florence if you haven't already. All you need is a state off-road pass (less than $15 and it's good for 2 years) and a flag. It's over 100 acres and there are several spots where you can access the beach. It's easily worth a one day drive, if you've got a 3 day weekend to spare somewhere.

Thought I would share a few of the photos I took this weekend while I was out with some friends;





You can check out a few more on our website;

http://www.geocities.com/eddygris77/dunes07.htm
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
Awesome Pics my friend. looks like you guys had great fun
 

·
on line
Joined
·
160 Posts
Looks like fun! Cool little website too. I need to find some local 4x4 buddies like you!
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,407 Posts
Man I love those wheels! I also like the video of the X getting some air on the website. (I'd be terrified of getting my X airborne!)
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
Amazing run again... man i wanna move there!
I love the ice in the puddle in that one pic.

Out of curiosity; aside from the obvious ocean in some of the backgrounds that's not saltwater in the puddles and stuff you guys are running thru is it?
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lifeinthesouth said:
Amazing run again... man i wanna move there!
I love the ice in the puddle in that one pic.

Out of curiosity; aside from the obvious ocean in some of the backgrounds that's not saltwater in the puddles and stuff you guys are running thru is it?
No, it's freshwater. There's a lot of areas of standing water around the park. You do have to be careful, as you can find some nasty "quicksand-like" spots from time to time.

The first place we go after leaving the dunes is a car wash a couple miles away in Florence so that we can hose down every inch of the vehicle and undercarriage. I usually hose it down again when I get back to Eugene the next day or so.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah.... I'm running 1" adapters.

This is probably a good time to preface my weekend project. I think I posted a while back that the tires were making contact with the bottom of the front fenders under full suspension compression. I thought the fix would be to swap out the stock bumpstops with some of the universal Energy Suspension poly bumpstops that I picked up at Autozone.

I didn't do a side-by-side comparison, but the polyurethane bumpstops were at least an inch and half taller than the stock ones.

While I was at the dunes I went up and over a very small bump and the front end caught about 6-8 inches of air (it was on purpose). Came down and the tires, once again, contacted the bottom of the fenders. The poly bumpstops compressed more than I thought they would.

So... on Saturday I'm going to take the body saw to the front fenders. Wish me luck...
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,407 Posts
I'm wishing you luck because I want to run the same setup and I am not too keen on hacking up my fenders. (I mean hacking in a nice way!)
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
OregonX said:
.

So... on Saturday I'm going to take the body saw to the front fenders. Wish me luck...
Dude, H&LL Yes!!! That's gonna be [email protected]! I figure i may haveto do the same once mine's all setup, can't wait. i saw a cherokee the other day with a couple inches trimmed out of the front fenders and it looked mean as h&ll.
OH, just watch out for the stupid windsheild washer resevoir in there.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lifeinthesouth said:
OregonX said:
.

So... on Saturday I'm going to take the body saw to the front fenders. Wish me luck...
Dude, H&LL Yes!!! That's gonna be [email protected]! I figure i may haveto do the same once mine's all setup, can't wait. i saw a cherokee the other day with a couple inches trimmed out of the front fenders and it looked mean as h&ll.
OH, just watch out for the stupid windsheild washer resevoir in there.
Thanks for the heads up. I actually spotted that resevoir bottle a while back when I was messing with my inner fenders.

Would make for some funny video If I didn't know it was there...

I'll post some pics in the "Exterior" section when I'm done.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top