Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
on line
1,479 Posts
I think this is more competition to the Xb, the compas and the caliper

Other than that is a dodge, I don't see that thing ever wheeling. maybe to the mall

·
on line
2,938 Posts
No competition the X wins easily.

·
on line
559 Posts
I kinda like it. Reminds me of the new Land Rover. This might be a good choice for my dad who's looking to buy his first SUV and so he can move around my sister's new baby and all the baby stuff. His current Maxima can't fit everything.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Vehicles coming with 20Gig hard drives...Man I am getting old :geek:

·
on line
830 Posts
Vehicle is based off the Liberty. Its direct competition with the Xterra but will probably never leave the road.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Yes it is based off the Liberty platform but with Full time four wheel dive it is most likely meant for around town use, not as competition in the more capable off-road realm ie the stuff (like our Xs) that have a low range 4X4...

·
on line
1,479 Posts
RogueClimber said:
Yes it is based off the Liberty platform but with Full time four wheel dive it is most likely meant for around town use, not as competition in the more capable off-road realm ie the stuff (like our Xs) that have a low range 4X4...
X2

·
on line
46 Posts
aren't the libertys "trail rated"?..and I know most jeeps come with pretty advanced 4x4 systems..so I imagine dodge won't sissify this one..and i can only imagine a SRT version..or...would dodge even stuff a HEMI in it????

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Yeah every Heap comes "trail" rated except for that new one that is AWD or something like that.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
A quote from Automobile Magazine:

Chrysler executives have allowed that some future Jeeps will not have the capability to tackle the Rubicon Trail, previously a Jeep must. The new Dodge Nitro smashes another heretofore sacred tenet: that a Jeep platform can never be shared with another division.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
RogueClimber said:

Chrysler executives have allowed that some future Jeeps will not have the capability to tackle the Rubicon Trail, previously a Jeep must. The new Dodge Nitro smashes another heretofore sacred tenet: that a Jeep platform can never be shared with another division.
desperate times call for desperate measures.

·
on line
46 Posts
RogueClimber said:

the non "trail rated" applies to the compass/patriot twins both are based off of the dodge caliber

·
on line
15 Posts
The nitro is actually an all new vehicle. Bigger than the current liberty. The next Liberty is due out in the next 6 months and is based off of the Nitro. Same profile and stance. I have seen the next Liberty and it looks pretty good. Much more masculine than the current. Could be some competition to the X. The Nitro is a whole different consumer.

·
on line
51 Posts
The biggest improvement of the Nitro over the Liberty is that hopefully they figured out how the keep the front wheels from falling off.

The Nitro is just another cute ute, but this time with a masculine facade.

--Matt

·
on line
178 Posts
It looks like a Jeep that has to take a HUGH dump.....If I won one, I would trade it with 8 miles on the odo for an extra X in the driveway.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: --Well, they're trying--

--I've had about 9 Dodges/Plymouths and they have been of the 440/426 v8 (440 with 4wd), but Im not partial to Mopar anymore--

--This NITRO looks like a BRICK with smooth corners-!!!

-- :drunken: :drunken: --JIMBO

1 - 20 of 30 Posts