Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Pro4X
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
To me, if this body was on a 22 Frontier everything else, I would buy it.

Square up the rear tailgate to increase cargo space, and put something beefy/overland-esque for a roof rack, I would pre-order one on the first day.

Add an optional roof glass over the rear compartment, and screened slider windows in the cargo area, I will go put dollars down at the dealer today just in the hope they would build it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
At first glance, it looks to me like an FJ Cruiser with a slight restyling mix of old Pathfinder front and Xterra rear. Not a fan, but I also didn't read the article.

As I previously said elsewhere but applies here -
That’s the point, the Xterra was always the “son of Pathy” after they de-nutted the Pathfinder and went to a unibody design making it more of a wagon and less of an off-road / suv. This design recalls the past greatness of both the Pathfinder and Xterra lines with a modern updated twist. Thumbs up to the designer👍👍

·
Registered
38 Posts
Heck ya, they could build an electric one for the eco people, and a hybrid off-road for the Wanna-Be's, and a true off-road version with no bumpers so we put our own hard-core bumpers, grills, winches, lights, cargo locker and roof rack stuff on it.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Gas prices rising
Inflation at the highest point in fourty year
Government mandating fleet fuel milage to increase to over 50mpg
Automakers considering going full electric.

I'm not going to hold my breath expecting a vehicle anything close to our Xterra to be introduced any time soon unless something changes politically.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Reactions: Another_Greg

·
on line
107 Posts
With $7 a gallon gas in CA right now I think it would be hard to bring a new cheaper 4x4 that gets 18 MPG, how about plug in hybrid version, maybe the variable 2.0 liter combine with a hybrid system

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
A full EV would be interesting.... Solar charging capability when we are out and about ¯\(ツ)
Unfortunately solar isn't a viable option for EV's. Fisker made a car that had a full solar panel roof and all it was able to do was basically power the gauges, maybe interior lights. In a world where people foolishly claim they won't by an EV until it can recharge in only a few minutes, absolutely nobody would wait days or weeks for solar to recharge their car (other than maybe Doug Forcett).

That being said - I'd buy a full EV Xterra in heartbeat. If anyone's ever had the chance to drive a proper EV, you know they're really fun to drive. Other than a Hellcat Challenger, a base model Tesla Model S was the fastest thing I've ever driven. It was mind bottling fast and extremely comfortable to drive. Even my old '12 Chevy Volt was a hoot to drive...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like these but agree 100% with CThoreal that having the back door window jog a little like on 2005 and later Xterras would help it look more distinctively like an Xterra than like the 90's Pathfinders. AND a cargo box, or least a fairing there if they don't think the cargo box is worth it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts