Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had two $25 gift cards to four wheel parts. so i bought it there. Im not sure how much i paid. I tried to find it on their web site but i couldnt find it.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Sounds great... enough to make me want to get one!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Well I like the way they tapered the intake tube that is cool as shit. They sure cut out any obstructions in flow. I'd put a new style filter on because I have amsoil in and dirt gets through the K&N but aside that I bet it does sound nice wide open. Did it suck the corner of your hood down any? You may want to brace it up a bit. MC

·
on line
423 Posts
looks and sounds great...and video to boot!!

when i put the Stillen on my 00, same sound, too cool.

in the infiniti forums, people are buying up the Z tubes. i haven't checked into the X to see if it would work. on the infiniti G35's the tub is a true bolt in swap and apparently really improves the flow. i have to bet the X is pretty different.

anyway, i am jealous...looks great.

·
on line
135 Posts
Great mod, looks and sounds good. However, it's clear you don't have a career in film making!! :compress:

·
on line
844 Posts
I have it too, and I couldn't agree with you more. people with vettes and other awesome cars RAVE about how good it sounds, it sounds meaner than my 350z did, and I had K&N, Plenum, and Borla on it!!! it is the best 250 dollars I ever spent on the x. hands down.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Syndicate said:
Sexterra,
I can't find that thing anywhere on 4Wheel Parts' website. I even called my buddy who works there and he said he couldn't find it.

What exactly is that?
Its the k&n FIPK (fuel injection performance kit)

Well i went in to one of their stores to buy it and they had to order it from K&N (or somebody). Im sure that they can pretty much order ANYTHING from anyone. It might be a little more expensive since they would have to order it, but it wasnt for me because i had two gift certificates that i needed to use.

If you want to get the part numbers and stuff send me a PM and i will see if i can find it.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
What is the difference between the FIPK and Aircharger kits?
which one do you guys recommend?

·
on line
279 Posts
If you go to the K&N page, they list the available intakes for our X's: Series 57, 63, and 77. The 57 is the FIPK which is CARB exempt in all 50 states. The 63 is the Aircharger which is not CARB exempt. The 77 is the kit with the aluminum pipe and is CARB exempt in most states. You can check the applications for all of the above intakes on the K&N site. There seems to be no difference between the FIPK and the Aircharger in performance and HP gains. I read somewhere else that the Aircharger is an off road version of the FIPK therefore not street legal.

Just rechecked the K&N site. For some reason, the 57 is not listed as available for the 2006 models.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts