Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently i am running just a standard magnetic mounted whip antenna, but i want a semi-low profile one for driving in the city. i was looking for something about 6", also for clearence for getting into my garage. i would like it to mount to my magnetic mount for easy switching.

right now i have the mount with the antenna base without the flexible whip part of the antenna (if that makes sence) on my roof. would that work, or possible fry my radio. i understand ill loose range, but that isnt what im looking for.
any input/suggestions would be great
thanks
cam

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Man I had a magnet mount one that was about that tall and I got incredible SWR, range and gain from it, No one could believe it! It was bought in a truck stop was about $24 and was so good I bought two, My wife runs one now and everyone is amazed. It looked like this one on top of this page http://www.walcottcb.com/antennas-magnet-mount-cb-antennas-c-28_90.html about that tall but I remember it was made by a company that was out of Ohio. It has the SWR tuning rings to set SWR.
MC

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I'm lost on what you want to do. That ant will come off and scratch things up as the base sucks (RadioCrap) If you want to use the whip part, maybe. But when mixing, you get a close match when coax lengths are alike, otherwise you have to set the SWR from scratch, Like , as in may require cutting and all that. The Ant I show you comes is available at a lot of truckstops, If it says it is made in Ohio, that is the good one. (Rated at 50 watts) I got mine at a TA truck stop or a Petro. MC

·
on line
527 Posts
Do the magnetic antennas use the contact with the body as a ground or are they a non ground antenna I have a no ground firestick and I cannot get anything even after trying to tune it. I want something else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.