Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I blew another one and I wasn't even wheeling.

Just today I started getting the steering catch and pop just like before...guess I have to take it in.

UPDATE:

Well, finally got to look at the problem...and it's not the front diff, but the rear. This sucks only because it's un-drivable. So, the Jeep is being put back on the road this week and the X taken to the dealer...let's see what they say. My guess, they arn't going to cover it as the rear end is pretty beat up (shock mounts and swaybar mounts all bent up).

·
on line
1,792 Posts
That sucks!!! WTF! I take it you're still under warranty?

So you were in 2WD? Just driving in town???

What exactly happened? I mean, that's outrageous. Nissan needs to help you--and all of us--understand why this would happen.

Sorry dude, I really feel for you. Time to break out the ole Jep for awhile, huh?

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

That is crazy! Did you purchase 8th mans?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll get into more detail later, my uncle's business burnt down yesterday, so the family is scrambling.

Short of it...I have not wheeled in two weeks and had no indication of any diff problems until yesterday.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Geez, back luck! Sorry to hear about your Uncle's biz!

·
on line
358 Posts
So if the front diff blows up can you drive the X off the trail and home?

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Great! Two weaknesses! I think I'd do some banging and get things looking good with some paint and then limp in. There have been a lot of problems with that rear, ya never know they might still cover it. Take off your rear Diff cover though, they might keep it by mistake. MC

·
on line
429 Posts
I returned your pm on WPAXC today. Do you still want to swap tires? If it's not very drivable I can meet you at your place.

Let me know.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Oh man... that's a bummer.

I wonder what the cause was... I'm interested in seeing the outcome from the dealership.

Good luck man.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts