Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for $122 this stuff better be worth it, lol.

bought

1 amsoil oil filter
6 quarts 5w30 full synthetic
1 amsoil air filter

= 122 bucks...hope the wife doesn't look at the credit card bill later.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i got it from amsoil

the air filter was nearly 50 bucks

oil and filter 60
tax and shipping

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i don't wheel but maybe once a month, during the week the x is the wifes ride to and from work considering she works only 3 miles away and i use the gas saver since i work 47 miles away. but it's over due and i was slacking so i said the hell with and talk to usmc about and got myself setup with the goodies.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
You just have to use it as intended, don't change it too early. I go 15K with the 25K Oil since I wheel, But I have let it run over that and thought I could have even done more. When you figure in time, cost of supplies only, it's a way better deal, they have some examples on the site. MC

·
on line
1,320 Posts
what if your engine seizes up/ fries/ explodes, etc. and you go screaming "warranty" to the dealer... the manual says change oil every 3750 mls; but you say I use amsoil and they say i only have to do it every 15000! I can't imagine Nissan budging.
Just random thoughts, not questioning quality of amsoil just wondering...

·
on line
51 Posts
willgr1 said:
http://www.amsoil.com/warranty.aspx

#3....read it! (basically what mcampana said)
The #5 concerns me though. Basically it says to go to your OEM manufacturer, and file a claim with them. Nissan will almost definitely tell you to go shove it, and once they do, you have to go give that refusal to Amsoil.

I actually have every intention of running this oil in my Xterra as well. But, I think I'll start extending the intervals only after my factory warranty is long and gone.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Hmmm, I run amsoil im my engine.... Since the dealer definitely wont warranty my engine, do you think amsoil will?

That would be some pretty good piece of mind if they do!! :cheers:

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Amsoil does have a warranty, they will stand behind it if used as directed, even extended service, but they have never had a claim, because it works. You can find he info on their site, you would not believe me if I told you. Ahhhh Sextera, the little pump you have voids that warranty. But still best oil you can use for that application. I think they figure if you are crazy enought to put one on....... you'll drive it like you stole it!
MC

·
on line
2,077 Posts
there's local distributor around, when i was in MD i got it from Salvo Auto Parts....you can check amsoil's website, they have a list of retailers.

my last order a few weeks ago was from the site, since your in TX shipping won't be much, they send from Dallas.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the shipping wasn't to costly, saved me from doing some running around. the shipping was pretty fast tho, ordered monday, had it here by friday.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
from what the oil filter box says, it's good for 25k, however, i'll stick to doing it at 15k only because i do wheel from time to time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts