Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other companies that sell quality gear oil? I'm leaning towards Redline as they are cheaper, and have heard better stuff about them.

·
on line
155 Posts
NEO Synthetic :cheers:

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
willgr1 said:
just curious, but what have you heard about redline that makes it better?
Redline is favored by the Audiworld members, and they seam to like it, and they "say" they see results. I think they showed that the oil actually last 25k miles and that they did abuse their cars.
I don't think it's better, same quality, but cheaper. and honestly I haven't been impressed with their air filter. Feels and looks the same as stock, just different color.
I just can't justify paying $80-90 for severe gear oil, when I can get it for $50

·
on line
135 Posts
Hello,

I've been using redline in professional road racing (Grand Am, World Challenge, US Touring Car, etc) cars for years and we've had very good results. I just did my 30k and swapped redline into my '06 OR (MT-90 in the transmission, ATF D4 in the transfer case, 75W90 in the front diff, 75W140 in the rear diff), but forgot to get more engine oil, so had to dump some plain old dino pennzoil into the engine :p

Incidentally, by stating that I'm using redline in my car, I'm not intending to make any statement about the other synthetics: I just don't have professional experience with any of them aside from Mobil 1, which I like, too, though I'm not too keen on their recent dumbing-down of their engine oils.

Joel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts