Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, i got it, and it fits great. Its way bigger than the one that Volant sends with their intake. Nice chrome cap on the front of it, but you will never see it. Lots more filter media, longer filter, lets more air in, and filters way better. Any other questions?

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Sounds good, hopefully I get to enjoy my CAI before I leave for my 3rd deployment. I just might look into getting the Amsoil filter to replace the one that comes with the Volant CAI.

·
on line
169 Posts
Have you noticed the small air intake that points toward you engine bay on the volant cai? Is this to relieve pressure? I thought the purpose of this cai was eliminate engine bay hot air...

·
on line
1,977 Posts
You can either cap that hole,I think it`s 3", or you can cut a hole in the fan shroud and run a hose to the valance below the grille for a second air source.
More air more power.

:cheers:

·
on line
443 Posts
just got the filter...its HUGE! Gana be great.

·
on line
279 Posts
Thanks mcampana. Aren't Amsoil products available only through private or direct dealers or something to that effect? I assume I'll have to purchase one directly from the web site....

·
on line
589 Posts
I was reading up on this (I have the K&N cold air intake currently), and noticed that Sexterra asked about the application of the Amsoil Air Filter in the K&N setup/piping/box. Did anyone do this and can verify it drops in without have to replace the rubber adaptive tube that keeps my K&N filter attached to the pipe currently?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts