Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Airraid

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my first mod: an Amsoil EA air filter. I read some reviews and posts on here and finally decided I would try just the filter first to see if it suits my needs, and if not, I can always order the popular volant for hp gains, which I hear is a good combo with the amsoil filter. My main concern was not having to clean and oil a filter, and a unit that both filters well and allows for good air flow. The amsoil seemed to do this best. Amsoil also seems like a good company to deal with. I plan to switch to their sythetic oil and oil filter next. :bounce:

·
on line
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bluzfan: What differences have you noticed since installing the filter?

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Just ordered amsoil also. curious to see what happens.

·
on line
280 Posts
hercules said:
Though I have no proof, it feels a bit more peppy when I touch the gas. I can definitely hear the engine getting more air when I punch it. The obvious advantage is that it lasts 100k miles, you only have to clean it every 25k. Again, all unscientific but worth the $50 in my book.

·
on line
280 Posts
bluzfan said:
hercules said:
Though I have no proof, it feels a bit more peppy when I touch the gas. I can definitely hear the engine getting more air when I punch it. The obvious advantage is that it lasts 100k miles, you only have to clean it every 25k. Again, all unscientific but worth the $50 in my book.
Oh and no oiling the filter! :cheers:

·
on line
268 Posts
When I changed everything over to Amsoil; air filter, oil filter, oil, rear diff, tranny; I saw about a 2-3 mpg increase. Though I killed that as soon as I put on larger, heavier AT tires. Couldn't tell much in the pep department one way or the other.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Ok guys, I just installed the amsoil air filter. Looking at the stock and the Amsoil, they look the same, feel the same. are they made different materials?

·
on line
280 Posts
Webfur said:
Ok guys, I just installed the amsoil air filter. Looking at the stock and the Amsoil, they look the same, feel the same. are they made different materials?
From my recollection, the Amsoil filter is way more thicker than the stock air filter.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
I hope ur right. I hate buying things that don't look promising.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts