Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at that Titan meet-and-greet here in SA a few weeks back, I won a can of this AMS Oil Engine Foam Cleaner & Degreaser. I was about to use it but a little hazy on the directions. Just wondering of anyone had used this (or something like it) before. It says to spray directly into the air intake while the engine is on, then put the air filter back in and run/drive for a few minutes...sound right?

·
on line
3,218 Posts
W/O a lot of miles (wear) on your engine, it's really pointless to add now.. Lose it in your garage for a year or two, when it's running funny one day, bust out.
ETA- Check that. I figured we were talking about something like the seafoam..
AMSOIL Power Foam cleans and protects engine exteriors.

·
on line
355 Posts
i used power foam tons of times in the 90's. I always sprayed it into my throttle body with car running. keep spraying until the car sputters and stalls. Then let is sit 15-20 mins. Then start your car. It will be hard to start, and you'll smoke out your entire neighborhood. Also it smells bad.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
DBAX said:
W/O a lot of miles (wear) on your engine, it's really pointless to add now.. Lose it in your garage for a year or two, when it's running funny one day, bust out.
ETA- Check that. I figured we were talking about something like the seafoam..
AMSOIL Power Foam cleans and protects engine exteriors.
So which is it? I see people talking about shooting it into their intake. If it's designed to protect the exterior of the engine, why are people putting it into the intake.

·
on line
384 Posts
It appears to do both. From their website:

Power Foam Engine Cleaner & Degreaser (APF)
AMSOIL Power Foam removes gum, varnish and carbon deposits for more efficient fuel economy and improved overall engine performance. AMSOIL Power Foam cleans intake valves, intake manifolds and throttle plates to keep the combustion intake system running at peak efficiency. Effective in both two-cycle and four-cycle engines, AMSOIL Power Foam eliminates engine ping and keeps carburetors and injector systems properly tuned. AMSOIL Power Foam is safe for fuel injectors, catalytic converters and emission control devices. It will not damage seals, gaskets, rubber or plastic materials commonly used in gasoline engines.

AMSOIL Power Foam contains a powerful foaming agent and special high boiling solvents that penetrate rust and grease. AMSOIL Power Foam cuts through rust so bolts can be loosened or tightened easily. By dissolving grease, AMSOIL Power Foam cleans and protects engine exteriors.
http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/apf.aspx

Where is MC, doesn't he have something to do with Amsoil?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts