Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal: I have an 08 Nissan Xterra. It has the rockford fosgate package which includes a factory amp under passenger seat, 8" sub under drivers seat. I am installing Rockford Fosgate 3.sixty Sound Processor, which in turn will go to 2 seperate amps. 1 amp is 4 channel Pioneer 600W max and the other a pioneer 760W max 2 channel. The 2 channel will be bridged for one sub, and the 4 chanel is going to run 4 sets of 6.5" Polk momo Components.

The install: I had to cut the wires behind the deck and basically install a huge loop to the rear where the sound proccesor and amps will be. So the output goes like this.... From HU to Processor, to AMP, back up front and I guess through the factory amp.

Problem: Getting horrible noise when key is turned on, followed by pops, and finally the amps go into protect. I have a 4 gauge power wire fused and a Micro Farad Capacitor.
A 4 gauge GROUND that I have tried in about 8 different places, and even at one point to se if it made a difference ran a link to the negative battery to see if the interfearance or pops even changed, which they did not. There is audio pumping through the speakers when it does work for about 7-8 seconds. The audio still includes this interferance.

I tried everything from removing the 3 channel amp all together and only the 4 channel from the sound processor. I removed the RCA's from the sound processor to the AMP and the noise hadn't changed. This isolates it to the amp, or so I think. With the output wires to the speakers connected, and no audio in of any sort to the amp there is still the interferance noise, and it sounds the same.

Concusion: I checked my grounds. 5 times! Could this possibly be a problem with feeding too much power from my setup to the factory in vehcile amp? If so, the factory amp is linked to a bluetooth hands free phone system box that i want to maintain function of...Can that amp simply be disabled with the wires still running through it, just not amplifying it? Do you think the factory amp could be the problem? Or am I chasing the wrong dog?

ANY help, thoughts, inclinations, etc....Would help so much. Please....Thanks.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
From what you wrote. You seem to be running high level audio outs from the new amps into the inputs of the stock amp. This would definitely cause problems as the amps are only able to take low level signal inputs. Unless it has inputs for high level which I don't think the stock amp has. You need to exclude the stock amp in your wiring.

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I realized this might casue problems as I wrote this. However, even disconnecting the all input/output and the amp standalone with only power, it sill goes into protect. I don't get it..

·
on line
1,638 Posts
Worst case... I have seen this before where someone had incorrectly wired the audio wires and shorted the amp. Thus causing it to always go into protect mode. The power wires were all run correctly. So power wires aren't the only way to short an amp. The guy ended up having to get the amp repaired.
Which amp are you referring to that goes into protect mode? stock or the new ones? Have you tried connecting the speakers directly to the new amps?
If the new amps are clipping maybe try turning down the input levels on the processor?
OR leave out the processor and run audio from the HU directly to the new amps?

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where to get it repaired?? Best cry? Circuit Shi*y?

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well......I unplugged the factory harness from the little amp under the passenger seat and what do you know the Pioneer 600 stayed on. Weird, considering there was no input or output hooked up to the Pioneer. The only thing in conjunction at that point would have been the remote wires. I never though a shared remote could cause a problem like that. So slashed the harness and wired up the speakers and all seems well at this point. Thanks a Billion!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts