Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! The Amber “Raptor” style lights are a common mod to any off-road vehicle because they are functional and look really cool. There are plenty of pre assembled amber grille light kits for most full size pick up trucks and all of the Toyota trucks and suvs but no one really makes anything for Nissan products so I made my own. Apologies in advance because I don’t have great photos of how I did but I’ll do my best to explain. I tried to make this the least invasive way to install as possible. The lights I used were from Amazon “Grand General 77650 6-LED sealed marker light”

First step is to remove the grille,
Next you’ll want to place your lights where you want them to sit.

Once you have them placed where you want(I put them along the bottom edge in the center of each 3 sections of the grille), trim a bit of the mesh off the backside of the grille to allow for the lights to be secured with small but longish bolts,washers, and nuts. (I highlighted the parts that need trimmed in red in the photos). So sorry I don’t remember what sizes I used. THE MOUNTING OF THE LIGHT IN THE CENTER OF GRILLE IS DIFFERENT from the two on the outside. I couldn’t find bolts/washers that fit the openings in the mesh in the center so the center light is secured with zip ties. (Not ideal but they’ve held no problem for 2 years)

Next, you need to drill tiny holes into the grille mesh just behind the lights to thread the light wires thru to keep the wires out of sight. ( drill holes are highlighted in blue)
Next, I made my own wiring harness of sorts by condensing the 3 pairs of wires into one long set of slightly thicker wires (power and ground). Then I spliced into the parking light wire so the lights come on after the first click of headlight switch. There are other ways to wire them, it’s all up to personal preference, for example if you want the lights on anytime the truck is on,all you need to do is connect the light wires to power and ground.

Once you have your lights mounted and wired up test them to make sure they work before putting the truck back together. Then slap your grille back on And you’re good to go!
I hope this write up is helpful and if you have any questions let me know and I’ll do my best to help out.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Looks good. I did mine on top of the grille instead and I did them in the air dam too

Your Nisssn logo looks good too, is there a write up?

Side markers have been done on Xterras too

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good. I did mine on top of the grille instead and I did them in the air dam too
View attachment 129671

Your Nisssn logo looks good too, is there a write up?

Side markers have been done on Xterras too
No write up yet but it’s fairly simple process. Just removed the badge from the grille and scuffed/sanded it with various grits of sand paper then painted the badge gloss black. Then I applied orange vinyl letters from a Nissan decal kit I got from D4graphics. Finally you clear coat over the whole thing with high gloss 2k clear coat so the decals never peel off or fade. I did the rear badge the same way but in red but I wound up leaving it with no badge. If anyone wants to buy the black rear badge I’ll sell it for super cheap.

·
Registered
2015 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X
16 Posts
Thank you for the D4graphics tip!! Just ordered a couple sets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts