Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Pro4X 6SM Night Armor
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:salute: Looking for a set of fog light to mount on my new front bumper i found this item.
Check this out on Amazon:

Euro Clear Fog Lights Set for Nissan Xterra 2005-2010 Set of 2
$44.99 plus shipping
Ships from and sold by Otto Navi.

•12v 55w bulbs
•nissan xterra 05-10
•Bulbs, wire harnesses with connectors and lens covers included.
•Comes in a set of 2
•Comes with Bezel kit
Switch that apparently will fit on one of the open spots next to power mirror switch

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9HRBA6/ref=cm_sw_r_an_am_ap_am_us?ie=UTF8

The price looks good it comes with everythin I beleive?, but is it to good to be true?
Can some body take a look and give me and idea, or if any body purchased this product any reviews will help

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I purchased mine from amazon but I went ahead and bought the nissan ones and haven't had a problem with them. The bezel thing kind of throws a red flag with me, I don't know where that would go - makes me believe that this might night fit all that well. The mounts that fit in the fog light spot should have 2 rectangular tabs straight across from each other, maybe these do, I just can't see it very well

Check these out: http://www.amazon.com/Nissan-Xterra-Replacement-Light-Assembly/dp/B002PQQFRY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_misc_1 they have the two tabs that I'm talking about.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, The bezel thing looks a bit weird I see what you said, My X is not wired for fog lights (or maybe half wired long story) so I am trying to get somethig that has everything included

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me know how the lights fit when you get the chance

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Even if your X was wired for fog lights you would still have to buy the fog light stalk to replace the one you have now and that will cost you even more $$$. It sounds like you're trying to go the cheaper route (Same thing I did) and I just plugged those ones in that I showed you, and wired a switch from OTRATTW.com. Really easy install and fairly cheap. You can even buy one of those same wiring kits for cheap I'm sure

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are right Cheaper is the way to go this days that is why I like this set and even has the switch that apparently fit
I am going to wait a few days and if I order I will update with a review

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was ready to purchase and they are no longer available just like tootsie roll pop
"The World May Never Know"

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm guessing it was a generic kit for all three models developed by a Taiwanese company who sells knockoff replacement OEM lamp assemblies. The bezels are needed for the Frontier. The wiring harness and switch are needed if your vehicle was not pre-wired for fogs. Of course you still need the factory stalk if you want to use the factory harness.

Looks like the kits did not sell so they were dumped to the surplus market. It's all speculation until someone buys one so I did. Will know in a week or so.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm guessing it was a generic kit for all three models developed by a Taiwanese company who sells knockoff replacement OEM lamp assemblies. The bezels are needed for the Frontier. The wiring harness and switch are needed if your vehicle was not pre-wired for fogs. Of course you still need the factory stalk if you want to use the factory harness.

Looks like the kits did not sell so they were dumped to the surplus market. It's all speculation until someone buys one so I did. Will know in a week or so.
I'm very interested in seeing these.

·
Registered
471 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts