Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I correct in assuming that the easiest way one can lift their vehicle is by getting bigger wheels? For example, according to the tire-size calculator, if I go with 285/75/16, I would get a lift of almost one inch (these tires are about two inches taller than stock OR tires). Am I correct?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Just as a correction to your first post. Getting larger tires (not wheels) will give you lift (actually it's the only true way to lift a vehicle).

Stock OR tires are 267/75R16's which are roughly 32x10.5x16.
A 285/75R16 tire is roughly 33x11.50x16.

So you will only gain 0.5" of lift since the overall height of the new tire is only 1".

33" is the largest tire you can fit without major lifting or major fender trimming.

Oh, and the reason I say it's the only "true" way to lift, is because suspension lifts only raise the body and the frame (the rear axle is still the same height off the ground).

·
on line
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Muzikman said:
Just as a correction to your first post. Getting larger tires (not wheels) will give you lift (actually it's the only true way to lift a vehicle).

Stock OR tires are 267/75R16's which are roughly 32x10.5x16.
A 285/75R16 tire is roughly 33x11.50x16.

So you will only gain 0.5" of lift since the overall height of the new tire is only 1".

33" is the largest tire you can fit without major lifting or major fender trimming.

Oh, and the reason I say it's the only "true" way to lift, is because suspension lifts only raise the body and the frame (the rear axle is still the same height off the ground).
I meant tires also. Sorry about the typo. :)

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I figured you knew what you were talking about. I just wanted to make sure anyone reading this didn't get confused.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts