Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me which fuse is for the "Always on" outlet up front and in back. I see two in the fuse box, one for the ACC dash and one for the ACC outlet in the console.

I must have burned the always on fuse because the one on the dash and the back are dead.

However, there are fuses for heated mirrors and other stuff I don't have!!

·
on line
2,938 Posts
#26 in the Fuse and Fusible Link box in the engine compartment. This fuse is for the rear compartment and lower power outlets only.

There is a cluster of 4 boxes. 3 running parallel with the windscreen and the 4th in the opposite direction. I believe it is the middle box of in the row of 3. It is a 20A fuse.

·
on line
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. Is there a table of what each of the engine compartment fuses are?

I looked through the manual, but couldn't find the table. I also did nto see numbers next to any fuses.

·
on line
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
usmc xterra said:
Look on the Lid that covers the fuse box. MC
you beat me to it. I was juist about to reply saying what a morron I was for not looking under the cap. I pulled it off last night and set it aside. DOH!!!

Thanks.

·
on line
384 Posts
KnightArmour said:
you beat me to it. I was juist about to reply saying what a morron I was for not looking under the cap. I pulled it off last night and set it aside. DOH!!!
I cannot begin to count the number of times I have done that on various things. You would think I would have learned that lesson by now!

·
on line
37 Posts
Mine came with a blown fuse from the factory, so I'm sure this is a common problem. It never really bothered me because the only thing I ever plug in is my phone. Here's a picture of the location, inside the fuse box closest to the firewall.

·
on line
3,592 Posts
weaponzero said:
Mine came with a blown fuse from the factory, so I'm sure this is a common problem. It never really bothered me because the only thing I ever plug in is my phone. Here's a picture of the location, inside the fuse box closest to the firewall.

Amazing just reading that... I bought 07 X, SE. The first thing I did was plug in my XM, thinking it was on/off plug. NOPe, alway's on.

BUT it was blown too!!!.. 30 amp fuze. Dealer fixed it...

shesh... wonder if more folks with 07, have the same issue.?

OH yes, Love this site.. Iam just a small Fry... with New X

·
on line
56 Posts
I am bringing this post back from the dead.. I have a question about the power outlets.. My outlet in the rear is dead and all the other outlets work just fine.. I checked all the fuses and they are all great.. Is there a separate fuse that controls JUST the rear outlet in the cargo area on a 2005 X?? In the wiring diagram it shows 3 fuses but I can't seem to find the third. I can only find the one for the accessory outlet on the dash and the one for the constant on socket in the dash and center console.. I checked out the back of the socket in the cargo area and it IS plugged in..

Any help would be appreciated..

·
on line
56 Posts
All those fuses are good to go.. I checked them many times.. I have actually pulled every fuse in all 3 panels just to make sure..

·
on line
6,649 Posts
All those fuses are good to go.. I checked them many times.. I have actually pulled every fuse in all 3 panels just to make sure..
It would take 15 mins to run new wire to the rear power outlet. I'd just do that if you are 1000000% certain it is absolutely NOT a fuse. Grab an in-line fuse holder like this (put a 10-15 amp fuse in it):

Then get to the driver's kick panel and locate the ignition harness like this (ignore the parking light notation..this was a pic for a remote start install):

Now you can either select if you want the socket being constant 12v (always on) or switched 12v (on/off w/ ignition). If you want constant 12v then tap into the GREEN wire. If you want switched 12v then tap into the White w/ Green Stripe wire. Ground your other wire here too. Run the wires to the rear under the carpet/trip panels...cut the wires off the back of the power socket (leaving several inches) then connect your new power wire to the (+) side and your new ground to the (-) side. DONE.

·
on line
6,159 Posts
It would take 15 mins to run new wire to the rear power outlet. I'd just do that if you are 1000000% certain it is absolutely NOT a fuse.
I would too, but do one better and run a nice 10 AWG wire back there so you can run any inverter etc you want without worry. Maybe put in a small fuse block.

Then again my trunk looks like this:

·
on line
56 Posts
Thanks for the info.. I guess I will just run a new wire back there.. The larger gauge wire is a great Idea..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts