Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to swap out the old Michelin LTX M/S^2 tires for new ones. Overdue actually.

These Michelin LTX 4-seasons tires are quiet and handle well in water--the biggest threat to safety on the roads in south western British Columbia.

They are also expensive. Are there any other tires that are quiet and handle water just as well?

BTW, I do not mud bog or bog mud or rock crawl. The LTX M/S tires otherwise work great off-road and perform reasonably well on snow and ice.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Michelin LTX MS are the best there are no substitutes

Time to swap out the old Michelin LTX M/S^2 tires for new ones. Overdue actually.

These Michelin LTX 4-seasons tires are quiet and handle well in water--the biggest threat to safety on the roads in south western British Columbia.

They are also expensive. Are there any other tires that are quiet and handle water just as well?

BTW, I do not mud bog or bog mud or rock crawl. The LTX M/S tires otherwise work great off-road and perform reasonably well on snow and ice.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WD-21 pathfinder

P.S. I drove a 1993 pathfinder outfitted with LTX M/S tires for years. It went everywhere. Performed well on loose gravel and loose rocks on steep inclines.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Michelin LTX MS are the best there are no substitutes
Well, that's my impression to date. The C$70 mail-in rebate will help.

The French economy could use a helping hand these days. :eek:ccasion5:

285 Posts
When I was looking to replacement tires for the Michelin LTX M/S my Explorer, Firestone Destination LE2 had ratings on Tirerack that were similar to the LTX M/S2. Ultimately, I went with the Firestones, since after a $50 coupon from the Firestone dealer, they were four of them for the price of three of the Michelins.

Quiet. No problems in rain. Great in winter.

Appearance-wise, they look more like an all season car tire though.

I was more than happy with the Michelins, and would recommend them no problem. Might be pricey upfront, but they wear like iron. I only got rid of mine due to being eight years old. Still had way over half tread left.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cooper AT3's look more aggressive than they sound and are great in the wet and snow. Actually quieter than any other truck tire I have tried and wear well, but not to Michelin standards though significantly less expensive.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
The LE2 is $757 with the discount at firestone. In the 265/75/16 stock size. Plus tax. I just got a set of the destination A/T mounted this morning. Waiting to see how this tire does. They got great reviews. They were $708.87 OTD including tax 6%.

The LE2....
http://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/tire_pricing/quote-t2.jsp?article=97708&qty=4&tireSearchURL=/tire_pricing/search.htm?method=vehicle&return=true&vehicle.year=2012&vehicle.make=Nissan&vehicle.model=Xterra&vehicle.submodel=PRO-4X&baseVehId=147489&zip=15904

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
on line
610 Posts
I have the LTX AT2s I'm very pleased with them, not cheap but quiet smooth ride and good in snow and rain, and hold up well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts