Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mount my Hi-Lift and shovel to the sides of my Load Warrior but just can't bring myself to spend $70 for those damn mounts, that's more than the Hi-Lift!

Anyone done or know of an alternative way to mount these bad boys that would give me a secure fit and the ability to remove and re-attach? Also looking for a little class here, so as long as it won't look totally asinine...all options are appreciated!

Oh yeah, and pics are always nice;)

·
on line
615 Posts
TXterra37 said:
I'm confused on this 'poser' innuendo...it's poser-ish to mount this? to not get the Yak brand mounts? try and find a cheaper alternative?

Help me out here, bro...
I think he is calling it "poser" if you just drive around with your hi-lift or shovel mounted on your rack to and from work. Nothing against the mounts but I agree with him on just driving around with the stuff strapped on (kinda *****-ish IMO). Don't get me wrong, on the trail, by all means have them on there for safety and convenience, just not on your trips to the grocery store.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Woah, never would have expected so much hostility from this thread!!!

Well, until I can swing the rear tire carrier bumper & mount the Hi-Lift there I have to put it somewhere. It works under my back seats but have gotten complaints from people getting in/out that it's slightly in the way.

And I'm pretty sure that the only way to be a poser w/ our truck is have all these mods that we so compulsively obsess over and then do...NOTHING. Being that guy who has a 2WD X w/ ANY off-road oriented mods (no offense Yusuf, you took yours out there w/ the rest of us!) or the guy who never leaves a paved road in fear of getting their X's dirty or messed up!

Take a look at any of my trail pics and you'll see that I don't fall into ANY of said categories, hell, I'm the idiot who went flying over that hill in Corpus Christi well-knowing I could say goodbye to my suspension! So I feel pretty confident in any image I may put out there w/ my X that it's functional and looks decent....er, non-poserish.

·
on line
615 Posts
TXterra37 said:
LOL, I figured as much. I'm not pissed off about any comments, just wanted to set straight any misconception.
Yeah, I was just trying to explain what I thought Mark's comment was about. I see Wranglers around here sitting on 35'' BFG's with their hi-lifts on the hood, winch, bumper, lights, and huge fenders. Yet the factory coat of wax is still on the Jeep. :tool:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts