Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just put my Shrock bumper on (and unfortunately not getting to keep the fog lights) I was wondering what my options were, if any, besides OEM fogs? I know the factory ones work well, or at least everyone here seems to like them. Any other options that are preferably cheaper? What size lights should I be looking at, anyways?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
That's actually a good question.

I think there was just a how-to thread on fitting PIAA lights in the stock fog locations. If it works on the stock bumper, it should work on the shrock.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
yeah, after I posted that I actualy looked at the how-to. They are cutting up the stock bumper to get them to fit.

Umm, best thing to do is go out and measure the opening. I know I did it once before, but I can't remember what it was. Then try to find a light that will fit the hole.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, after bearing the cold a** Buffalo weather (rather, had my fiance do it since I can't bend down), looks like the Shrock fog light opening is ~4.25". But she said it looked like a smaller opening in the rear so I'm not sure how valid that measurement is. If anyone could hook a brotha up and measure your factory fog lights that would be MUCH appreciated!!!

·
on line
1,574 Posts
those look nice. for the price too. do you think you can splice them into the factory wiring? then run a switch to the dash?

·
on line
331 Posts
You can splice into the factory harness and add the factory stalk from yournissanparts I have done it. The switch is not cheap, but for ease of install and a factory look it is the best. There is a toyota switch that fits in the factory holes in your center console it can be purchased here: http://www.rallylights.com/hella/switches_illuminated_rocker.asp It is Toyota part number Part Number 00550-35976 at the bottom of the page. I have ordered from this site they are fast and reliable.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
I believe the factory fogs (don't quote me, cause I might be wrong) are between 3 1/8" - 3 1/2", can't remember correctly...nor if I'm even correct.

As far as bulb color, you are correct that yellow is best for true fog lights. The yellow penetrates the fog better as it doesn't reflect as much as white can/will.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm, came across these PIAA's on the Shrockworks bumper for the 4Runner. What do you guys think/know, same dimensions as the X bumper? Possible these PIAA's could work?
http://www.shrockworks.com/Toyota-4Runner-Winch-Bumper-Bull-Bar-Front-pr-16148.html

Of course the more I type now the more I think I should just contact Shrockworks about this...

EDIT...looks like those are PIAA 510's, ~$200, so not so much cheaper than OEM fogs.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Im pretty sure the openings for those fog lights are larger than the ones we have. I remember seeing that bumper in the fabrication stages when i went to jims shop and thinking that they were alot bigger.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts