Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I will look them up, looks like Chad and crew are delivering products timely to happy Xterra customers, nice!

So to be clear, Paul, your kit keeps the stock UCAs but instead has aftermarket Moog LCAs and adjusts via the SPC camber bolts, and this avoids CBC totally? That's a different approach.
I've been on the PRG Advanced kit for a while now with the SPC UCAs, this requires minor shaving of the coil bucket but that was it. I'm at 3" lift btw.
Yes, that's correct. I only got the Moog LCA's in case my bolts were seized in the stock ones. They weren't seized but I changed them anyway to the Moogs because the Moogs come with new ball joints :)

Correct, I have ZERO CBC with my set up. I thought about going one inch higher when they release their new upper control arm. If I went that route I would use their new UCA, and a spacer on top, in combination with an adjustable shackle set out back. Trouble is, I'd probably have to get longer shocks on the rear and extend my brake lines, so it becomes exponentially more expensive for one more inch.

not really sure if it's worth it for me. I love my set up the way it is and it rides fantastic :)

·
on line
226 Posts
Just throwing this out there as an example of a slightly different experience, but I have nearly the same front set up as you, Paul. I was disappointed to find out that I do get CBC with the medium ADO springs, 5100s, and everything else stock. That's probably because I also removed the front sway bar. Do you still have yours on?

I also plan on adding their UCA and probably a .5" spacer when it's available too.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just throwing this out there as an example of a slightly different experience, but I have nearly the same front set up as you, Paul. I was disappointed to find out that I do get CBC with the medium ADO springs, 5100s, and everything else stock. That's probably because I also removed the front sway bar. Do you still have yours on?

I also plan on adding their UCA and probably a .5" spacer when it's available too.
Yes, I still have my front sway bar. I removed the rear though because the shock bodies were pretty close to it and I didn't want it to cause trouble. Rear sway bar removal is a common thing to get a little more articulation from the rear end, with no ill affects to handling. My X drives perfect with this set up.

I would definitely think removing the front sway bar would have an adverse affect for normal daily driving though. Why did you remove yours?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks pgeldz, I overlooked the u-bolt thing.
Do you think rear sway bar relocation hardware would be needed? I’d like to keep mine on. Just trying to make sure I have everything I might need.

Texasx, that’s interesting about CBC with the set up. I’m hoping it’s because of no sway bar and I don’t experience any issues like that. I’ll be doing the work myself and would hate to have to go back in and swap UCA after the fact.

·
on line
226 Posts
Yes, I still have my front sway bar. I removed the rear though because the shock bodies were pretty close to it and I didn't want it to cause trouble. Rear sway bar removal is a common thing to get a little more articulation from the rear end, with no ill affects to handling. My X drives perfect with this set up.

I would definitely think removing the front sway bar would have an adverse affect for normal daily driving though. Why did you remove yours?
Well first, it was just easier to work on the front end without it there. But my X is not a DD anymore and I wanted any help I could get on the front articulation. It drives fine without it, just with different characteristics to be aware of and account for. Besides, I never tow anything. If I towed like you I probably would have left it on.

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
62 Posts
I just installed the ADO kit with HD front coils last weekend. It’s riding amazingly and looks great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Do you think rear sway bar relocation hardware would be needed? I’d like to keep mine on. Just trying to make sure I have everything I might need.

Texasx, that’s interesting about CBC with the set up. I’m hoping it’s because of no sway bar and I don’t experience any issues like that. I’ll be doing the work myself and would hate to have to go back in and swap UCA after the fact.
For my Xterra, the rear sway bar was too close for my liking to the rear shocks so I removed it. If you got a relocation kit you can keep it on no problem.

·
on line
226 Posts

Personally I don’t think my CBC is bad enough to warrant putting my sway bar back on, but again my X isn’t a DD anymore. I mean, it does get pretty annoying off road, and the consistency/quantity of CBC hits is the same still, but I think with the ADO springs the severity of each CBC hit is less than with the stock springs. I’m planning to get the ADO UCAs anyway, but if for some reason I don’t I guess I can always put the sway bar back on. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
27 Posts

Give us a call when you get a chance, there shouldn't be coil bucket contact with this setup unless a spacer is also being used. We'd like to see if there's some input we can provide to get rid of any noise you may be getting.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I need to change my ball joints, so looking to get new upper and lower arms. Leaning toward mevotech supremes, but I’ve read there’s coil bucket contact with these as well. Maybe I have to stick with OE uppers?
I’ve got the ADO 5100 kit ordered with your medium springs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I need to change my ball joints, so looking to get new upper and lower arms. Leaning toward mevotech supremes, but I’ve read there’s coil bucket contact with these as well. Maybe I have to stick with OE uppers?
I’ve got the ADO 5100 kit ordered with your medium springs.
OEM-style uppers are fine as long as you aren't running a spacer. Our coils with the 5100's will not cause coil bucket contact.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just wanted to give a brief update:

ive got the 4 bilstein shocks plus the Alldogs offroad medium coil springs installed up front. Rode around like that for a week with my 140k mike leaf springs still. Improved ride daily driver so far. I think any new set up would’ve been an improvement over my tired 4600 bilsteins.
Got the Broverland leaf packs in the mail, and in the middle of install currently. Waiting on a forward leaf spring eye bolt To fully install.
They’re definitely heavier than stock springs. But look identical.
I’ll try to update once installed and when I have some miles on the entire Alldogs set up

21 - 37 of 37 Posts