Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Compared to other suspension outfitters for the Xterra, I haven't found too much information about Alldogs Offroad.

I've written a little bit about them in my my build thread, (pics there also) but now that I've had some miles on my set up I figured I'd tell you a little more :)

This is what I have:

Up Front:
  • Bilstein 5100's with Alldogs Offroad 2 " Medium Lift Springs and all new KYB upper mount hardware, pre-built by Alldogs Offroad
  • SPC Camber Bolts
  • New Moog Lower Control Arms
Out Back:
  • Bilstein 5100's
  • Alldogs Offroad Performance 2" Leaf Packs in lIght load (good for 100 lbs over stock)
  • Alldogs Offroad Shims
  • Alldogs U-Bolts
I worked with Chad from Alldogs Offroad on what I wanted to achieve and he was absolutely spot on. The lift was exactly what I wanted, and the ride quality is exceptional.

Under certain conditions though (very specific conditions I might add), I'd hear metal to metal contact and it was starting to bother me. You'd think it may have been coil bucket contact right? Nope, I've researched this set up extensively and it's the very reason I chose this kit, because it's not supposed to make contact, while giving a 2" lift with exceptional ride quality. The front makes no contact at all.

It turned out to be the right rear leaf pack. The Alldogs Offroad leaf packs are incredible. Ride quality is amazing, the lift is perfect, and they even have a military wrap on the front eye. The military wrap is hand formed, and one of mine was formed a little different, causing the contact in very specific conditions (like going up my driveway at an angle, or hard braking in a straight line, etc.).

I told Chad about it, sent him a few pics and a crappy cell phone video of the issue, and the next day he sent me a tracking number for a replacement!!! He said the military wrap is hand formed and the one I had was done incorrectly.

Not only are their products top notch, but their customer service is SECOND TO NONE.

I'm in the same type of business but for motorcycles (high end parts, accessories, and gear), and I rarely get this type of service from my peers in the industry!

The replacement came, had my Master Nissan tech install it, and walla, NOISE GONE!

Chad is a pleasure to work with, and the products Alldogs Offroad has are truly top notch. Please reach out to them and see what they can do for you and your rig. I'm sure you'll have a refreshing experience like I did.

If you are reading this Chad, seriously, thank you. You definitely have a repeat customer on your hands, and if I ever feel the need to go for extended length shocks, I'll be hitting you up for your new control arms in the future!

Seriously, THANK YOU!

And for those of you that haven't seen my build thread, here's what the X looks like after the lift (pics for attention), LoL:

:)

- Paul

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Just purchased a new OME setup from All Dogs, myself. To replace, well, my current OME setup. My current setup is by no means "worn", but I have some strange condition where I have to replace things when they have more than 40K miles on them because of vehicular OCD.

I worked with Steve, he was awesome. Super responsive, helpful, knowledgeable, and I had everything in about 8 days......8 days is basically the speed of light when it comes to aftermarket Xterra components, even for "mass produced" suspension components like OME.

Can't recommend these guys enough when it comes to Nissan aftermarket. Next time my OCD kicks in an I choose to prematurely replace my suspension, they'll be the folks I turn to.

@AlldogsOffroad I genuinely appreciate the service and speed.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Compared to other suspension outfitters for the Xterra, I haven't found too much information about Alldogs Offroad.

I've written a little bit about them in my my build thread, (pics there also) but now that I've had some miles on my set up I figured I'd tell you a little more :)

This is what I have:

Up Front:
  • Bilstein 5100's with Alldogs Offroad 2 " Medium Lift Springs and all new KYB upper mount hardware, pre-built by Alldogs Offroad
  • SPC Camber Bolts
  • New Moog Lower Control Arms
Out Back:
  • Bilstein 5100's
  • Alldogs Offroad Performance 2" Leaf Packs in lIght load (good for 100 lbs over stock)
  • Alldogs Offroad Shims
  • Alldogs U-Bolts
I worked with Chad from Alldogs Offroad on what I wanted to achieve and he was absolutely spot on. The lift was exactly what I wanted, and the ride quality is exceptional.

Under certain conditions though (very specific conditions I might add), I'd hear metal to metal contact and it was starting to bother me. You'd think it may have been coil bucket contact right? Nope, I've researched this set up extensively and it's the very reason I chose this kit, because it's not supposed to make contact, while giving a 2" lift with exceptional ride quality. The front makes no contact at all.

It turned out to be the right rear leaf pack. The Alldogs Offroad leaf packs are incredible. Ride quality is amazing, the lift is perfect, and they even have a military wrap on the front eye. The military wrap is hand formed, and one of mine was formed a little different, causing the contact in very specific conditions (like going up my driveway at an angle, or hard braking in a straight line, etc.).

I told Chad about it, sent him a few pics and a crappy cell phone video of the issue, and the next day he sent me a tracking number for a replacement!!! He said the military wrap is hand formed and the one I had was done incorrectly.

Not only are their products top notch, but their customer service is SECOND TO NONE.

I'm in the same type of business but for motorcycles (high end parts, accessories, and gear), and I rarely get this type of service from my peers in the industry!

The replacement came, had my Master Nissan tech install it, and walla, NOISE GONE!

Chad is a pleasure to work with, and the products Alldogs Offroad has are truly top notch. Please reach out to them and see what they can do for you and your rig. I'm sure you'll have a refreshing experience like I did.

If you are reading this Chad, seriously, thank you. You definitely have a repeat customer on your hands, and if I ever feel the need to go for extended length shocks, I'll be hitting you up for your new control arms in the future!

Seriously, THANK YOU!

And for those of you that haven't seen my build thread, here's what the X looks like after the lift (pics for attention), LoL:

View attachment 128182

View attachment 128183

:)

- Paul
Paul,
I like your setup!

I'm tempted to do the same upgrade. I I have already 5100 rear shocks installed, and the cam bolts are sitting in the box. Your message implies that Alldogs have built you front struts. Is this true? If so how much have they charged for the build.

Jarek

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Yes, I had Alldogs Off-road build the fronts to save me time installing everything, making it plug and play.
I don't remember specifically what that cost, because Chad sorta have me a group bundle on everything.
I'd reach out to them directly to see what they can do for ya. Tell them Paul from Vegas sent ya :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks! Yes, I had Alldogs Off-road build the fronts to save me time installing everything, making it plug and play.
I don't remember specifically what that cost, because Chad sorta have me a group bundle on everything.
I'd reach out to them directly to see what they can do for ya. Tell them Paul from Vegas sent ya :)
Cool!
I will reach Chad once I'm ready to pull the trigger.
Jarek

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am in the process of installing a similar lift from Alldogs. I called Steve and told him what I wanted, and he was very helpful. He could of easily sold me the most expensive kit, but he was honest and said he didn't think I needed it to get what I wanted. It arrived 5 days later, but without shocks? I called and spoke with Chad who informed me they were in a different shipment arriving the next day. I asked a few questions regarding install, he answered them and then gave me some helpful info. Then he gave me his personal cell number, and told me to call if I have any problems and he would talk me through it, even facetime if we had to. I am extremely happy with the help I received working with them, they went above and beyond. PS nice looking ride, my X is the same color, and I hope my end result looks something like yours!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts