Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd throw this out there for those of you looking for aftermarket UCAs. Those of us with ADO products have been impressed with their customer service and quality, so it's very promising that they are coming out with UCAs for the Frontier/Xterra platform. There's much more info in the below link at CF because their test vehicle is a Frontier.

The bottom line is:
1) aftermarket UCAs that at full droop still have ~1 inch of clearance with the coil bucket
2) shooting for no bucket grinding like the SPCs require
3) user serviceable parts
4) $350-400 price range
5) American made

Did you guys see these? Affordable , non-eBay upper control arms

It all sounds like a win-win to me and I can't wait for them to come out!

·
on line
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just thought I'd throw this out there for those of you looking for aftermarket UCAs. Those of us with ADO products have been impressed with their customer service and quality, so it's very promising that they are coming out with UCAs for the Frontier/Xterra platform. There's much more info in the below link at CF because their test vehicle is a Frontier.

The bottom line is:
1) aftermarket UCAs that at full droop still have ~1 inch of clearance with the coil bucket
2) shooting for no bucket grinding like the SPCs require
3) user serviceable parts
4) $350-400 price range
5) American made

Did you guys see these? Affordable , non-eBay upper control arms

It all sounds like a win-win to me and I can't wait for them to come out!

I forgot to add that I messaged them on FB the other day. They said they put their 3rd revision of the arm on that Frontier last Friday (7/24/20) and that set up just needs some miles put on it with no problems and they'll go to production. Here's hoping for an early Christmas present!

·
Registered
31 Posts
To add a little more information, the arms will be using readily-available bolt-in balljoints from 90's pickup trucks. We're testing with the Moog K6292 right now but we probably won't recommend it for use due to the design of the balljoint boot. We'll instead recommend the corresponding AC Delco 45D0062 or Mevotech MK6292. The Moog boot doesn't have great coverage to keep the balljoint sealed/clean.

·
TNX Veteran
4,387 Posts
To add a little more information, the arms will be using readily-available bolt-in balljoints from 90's pickup trucks. We're testing with the Moog K6292 right now but we probably won't recommend it for use due to the design of the balljoint boot. We'll instead recommend the corresponding AC Delco 45D0062 or Mevotech MK6292. The Moog boot doesn't have great coverage to keep the balljoint sealed/clean.
The general consensus around here has been that Moog has gone downhill over the last few years. Personally I have been trying out AC Delco and Mevotech instead. Both are promising so far.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any initial group buy? I'm looking st doing this along with heavier front springs for the added weight up front.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
985 Posts
I'm not certain there will be a group buy but there will be a temporary discounted price when we get them to market.
@AlldogsOffroad any update as far as a release date?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Are these just an improvement on stock uca geometry ? Is there one for a tswap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Finally got the Alldogs Offroad UCA’s installed and alignment done. Very happy. I went with the loaded arms so they came with high quality bushings and greaseable ball joints. Installation was straightforward, the only aggravating part is having to unbolt the steering shaft on the drivers side to slide one of the top bolts out. But even that wasn’t too bad. I already had their complete suspension kit and knew they were a top notch outfit with amazing customer service so I have no worries with these.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts