Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro 4X
48 Posts
Over a span of few weeks, I have upgraded the front and rear suspension components. It included the SPC upper control arms, AllDogs coilovers (Billstein 5100 with the medium load springs), Mevotech lower control arms and sway bar links, BROveland 400 lb constant load leaf springs with 2o shims, Billstein 5100 rear shocks, PRG U-blot flip kit, Dobinsons greaseable shackles and bushings. Tha car is 6.5 years old with 67K miles. The old leafs were still in the good shape, and there was not much rust going on in the rear.

I would like to share my experience specifically with the BROveland leafs. My old setup was Billstein 5100 shocks, stock leafs with the leaf helper that gave me about 1-1.5” in the back. Now I have 2” on front and back.

The leaf springs are made in the USA and took about 4 weeks for delivery (I placed the order at the end of September). The installation was rather straight forward, about 2 hours per side from start to finish. I have never worked on the leaf springs before, but before the install I have read this forum extensively, and watched couple of YouTube videos (RyTheCarGuy has a very good movie about it).

While my friend’s air tools made removing the front leaf spring and shock bolts really quick, other than these we have used standard weekend warrior tools, one 3 tons lift jack, and two jack stands. As mentioned by other members, I had to trim the ABS/speed sensor bracket on the both side of the axle, to accommodate the PRG U-bolt flip kit bracket. The hydraulic brake lines are very close to the U-bolt bracket, so temporarily we have put some conduit around to minimize any rubbing. I plan to install metal brake lines in the spring to circumvent this issue.
While making a purchase decision, I was afraid if the constant 400 lb load would affect the ride quality when driving the car empty, but it does not! The X handles fantastic. So far I have driven at highway at around d 70-75 mph and on the gravel roads. No problems so far.

It is a fantastic and somewhat affordable product ($700 shipped with shims.), and I would highly recommend this to everybody. I would like to thank AllDogs Coop for offering such fantastic product, and the forum member BRATCAT for offering valuable advice on selection of purchase components.

I’m getting a new suspension kit from all dogs off-road in about a month… how did you install the axle shims? Did the thicker end of the shim face the rear?

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro 4X
48 Posts
Thicker end faces front of the car (it shows on my photos when you zoom in).

I had to get another set of center bolts, since the exisitng ones were cut flush, so there were no extra room to accomodate the shim. No big deal as it is about $10.00 at Advcance Auto Parts. You will need a big C-clamp to hold the leaf pack together, and a angle cutter to cut off the excess of the bolt.
Ok great thank you 💪🏻

1 - 2 of 2 Posts