Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what does everyone think of this magazine coverage? Do you think it will open up companys eyes for more companys to start producing lifts and lockers? Do you think arb will take back what they said about it being a grocery getter? So what do you think about the coverage?

·
on line
79 Posts
i think the magazine coverage is just what hte X needs. people need to know that it is indeed an offroad capable truck not some worthless suv crossover *cough* *cough* ford escape

and the coerage will hopefully get companies to know there is a market out there for us X owners

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Press coverage comes about partly because Nissan is pushing hard, even advertising in main stream mags ie Outside Magazine's Buyers Guide which has an X ad on almost every other page.

But the fact remains that the vast majority of X owners will only use them as Grocery Getters. That being said there will still be a bump in popularity and even those who just want to make their 'cool' will still spend their money on mods which will encourage the few vendors that support the X to put out more mods for us. :cheers:

·
on line
1,479 Posts
RogueClimber said:
Press coverage comes about partly because Nissan is pushing hard, even advertising in main stream mags ie Outside Magazine's Buyers Guide which has an X ad on almost every other page.

But the fact remains that the vast majority of X owners will only use them as Grocery Getters. That being said there will still be a bump in popularity and even those who just want to make their 'cool' will still spend their money on mods which will encourage the few vendors that support the X to put out more mods for us. :cheers:
wow you said exactly what I was thinking

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I don't know if it's just where I live or what...

But I swear to god every person I see around here driving an Xterra is a female... NO JOKE, like at least 90%.

Oh, I did see one old man a few days ago too.

WTF?
________
Spanking

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Syndicate said:

But I swear to god every person I see around here driving an Xterra is a female... NO JOKE, like at least 90%.

WTF?
From your avatar I'd say you would like all female drivers... :geek:

But it does appear that way to me in both Las Vegas and Colorado...I guess they are just picking up the groceries :cherry: (which, by the way, I do in my household!)

·
on line
279 Posts
Syndicate said:

WTF?
I've noticed that too. But then again, most SUV's are a direct repalcement for the station wagon. Every single X I've seen with the exception of mine and one other has the OEM side steps. The majority also have those goofy brush guards. I always say the only time those will come in handy is when you accidently plow through your neighbors bushes.

·
on line
295 Posts
Hey I drive a chick magnet, SHHHHHHHHHH don't tell the wife.
Hey Syndicate you sure you wern't in Colorado driving by my old ASS???
Did the old fart have a hat on? LOL

·
on line
168 Posts
I am sixty and I drive an Xterra. You sure you weren't in Central Texas? It sees more off-road than most 4x4's. This week I will be heading for south Texas where the nearest pavement is 2.5 miles away. I will be out there for 3 days.

I see a lot of Xterras on the road. Not many have mods. Most are nice and shiny clean. I always notice around the wheel wells. They still have the mud flaps. Most are grocery getters. I don't see many with the soccer ball decals in the back window.

One of my friends is a bicyclist. When I told him I drove an Xterra, he said, "oh those are cute!" He says they advertise them alot in the bicycle magazines.

·
on line
20 Posts
"oh those are cute!"

Thats funny!

My X has gone many more places than any of my other 4x4's, mostly pickups, with the exeption of my 87 wrangler...winched and locked. Wouldn't trade the X for anything comparibly priced!

·
TNX Administrator
20,359 Posts
Syndicate said:

WTF?
I've noticed this with the old version, but with the 2nd generation it is mostly men driving. I thick it might be the size of the 2nd generation that appeals to the male population vice female as drivers/owners.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I have had mine for a week and the only other 2nd Gen I have seen since was in someones garage.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I see a ton. But they are all driven by mom's.

Went to a wedding last weekend and one of the other guys in the wedding had an 06 but it was leased.

Back on topic. I just got the magizine and no Next Gen with sliders in it. A big write up about the FJ getting Dohaue coilovers. BLah Blah Blah.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts