Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
That same kit is arriving this week via FedEx, except I went with the medium coil springs as my truck is essentially stock. I hope to find time to install it by next week and will take pix and measurements. Chad and Steve at ADO were incredibly helpful in finding a kit that met my needs

Pete
Could you please advise the package weight and dimensions?

·
Registered
2010 Xterra S
66 Posts
@ataha1184 - three packages. Two were leaf springs with FedEx labels taped to them. Each was 48#. First to arrive was a box about 9x9x42 inches weighing about 50#. It contained the shocks, struts, coil over springs, and SPC camber bolts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I placed an order for the Radflo Kit with the Broverland leaf pack last Friday from AllDogsOffRoad, unfortunately there is a six week lead time as Radflo is currently backed up and the coilovers are made to order :(.

I'm debating whether I should try the install myself or have my mechanic do it, I'm more inclined to following Ry's suspension kit video and do it myself. I will also be replacing the lower control arms as I already know the right side is seized and will have to be cut out.

·
on line
226 Posts
I placed an order for the Radflo Kit with the Broverland leaf pack last Friday from AllDogsOffRoad, unfortunately there is a six week lead time as Radflo is currently backed up and the coilovers are made to order :(.

I'm debating whether I should try the install myself or have my mechanic do it, I'm more inclined to following Ry's suspension kit video and do it myself. I will also be replacing the lower control arms as I already know the right side is seized and will have to be cut out.
Congrats on the purchase, now to test your patience! I think you should install yourself. The lift install will probably be easier than the LCAs, and especially so if you end up cutting on them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, now to test your patience! I think you should install yourself. The lift install will probably be easier than the LCAs, and especially so if you end up cutting on them.
Thanks! I was told there's about a six week delay with the Radflos from Radflo themselves. I'm hoping it isn't too cold by the time I receive everything, I live in NJ and six weeks put me at mid November+. If I do end up doing it I'd be working on my driveway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this lift kit this week. My 06 has 200k on it. Should i order the UCAs and anything else i should be replacing while I'm installing this lift?

·
Registered
2010 Xterra S
66 Posts
Should i order the UCAs and anything else i should be replacing while I'm installing this lift?
If the OEM parts need replacing, sure. But if they are in good shape I'd not spend the extra cash. The Alldog kit gives about a 2" lift, just short enough to not require a bucket of costly mods.

I went with the 5100s (paid to have the coilover springs installed so I could bolt them up myself), the BROverland leaf pack, and the eccentric camber bolts. It didn't come with shims but when I reported vibration between 30-40mph Alldog sent them for free. For my style of driving on our badly maintained roads (75% of them dirt) this kit is ideal. Serious offroaders might have a different opinion

41 - 50 of 50 Posts