Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
07 X
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this lift and can post before and after pictures.

I’m considering this lift kit from All Dogs Off-road. however I want to assure myself it’ll be a noticeable lift that I can squeeze a bigger tire setup and get more clearance.

hoping to see pictures. Thanks all.

·
Well then...
611 Posts
Hi friend, search will be your friend here. Check out this thread, the all dogs kit specifically might not be listed but the 5100 kit is basically the same.

Wanting to fit bigger tires? The biggest tire generally accepted without major trimming of fenders and possibly the chasis is the “33” ie 285/75R16. Lifting gives you other advantages, but these can be fit without any modification to your suspension, it’ll just look way cooler.

·
Registered
2010 Xterra S
57 Posts
That same kit is arriving this week via FedEx, except I went with the medium coil springs as my truck is essentially stock. I hope to find time to install it by next week and will take pix and measurements. Chad and Steve at ADO were incredibly helpful in finding a kit that met my needs

Pete

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the kit installed with medium coil springs and Broverland leaf packs in back.
I didn’t measure the front before hand, but it’s noticeably higher.
The rear got 2” lift exactly.

I don’t have a before pic or after pic either hah, not much help. But it’s a 2” lift all around.

·
Registered
07 X
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That same kit is arriving this week via FedEx, except I went with the medium coil springs as my truck is essentially stock. I hope to find time to install it by next week and will take pix and measurements. Chad and Steve at ADO were incredibly helpful in finding a kit that met my needs

Pete
nice, I didn’t know what rate to go with but the consensus is medium. I don’t plan on adding too much weight up front either.
please measure and take before pics. That would mean a lot!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Go with the medium springs. I did the heavy springs and even with my winch bumper they are too stiff, though I'm not running a winch at the moment and hope putting one in will correct, we'll see.

·
Registered
07 X
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go with the medium springs. I did the heavy springs and even with my winch bumper they are too stiff, though I'm not running a winch at the moment and hope putting one in will correct, we'll see.
Thanks, will do. Great to hear your experience.

·
Registered
2010 Xterra S
57 Posts
Sorry for the shadows, but the carport is the ONLY level spot I have on my ten acres. In front from ground to bottom edge of the wheel well is 33 5/16. In the back it’s exactly one inch taller. Truck was empty and tire pressures were on spec. Will report new measurements after the kit is installed

·
Registered
07 X
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the shadows, but the carport is the ONLY level spot I have on my ten acres. In front from ground to bottom edge of the wheel well is 33 5/16. In the back it’s exactly one inch taller. Truck was empty and tire pressures were on spec. Will report new measurements after the kit is installed

View attachment 129994
right on! Thanks Glenlivet.
hope all goes well. I just received messages about how the front was a waste of money in terms of the results.

·
Registered
2010 Xterra S
57 Posts
right on! Thanks Glenlivet.
hope all goes well. I just received messages about how the front was a waste of money in terms of the results.
Folks are always going to complain about something. I think this kit will do well with the driving style of most people. I’m not into the Mad Max style of spreading dust clouds far and wide so it will do just fine for me. I’m actually happy with stock, but my shocks rusted out.

Got the first package today. Leaf springs due tomorrow

FC256BE5-AB4A-4C68-AAE4-92FA8C21CC8B.jpeg

·
Registered
07 X
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Folks are always going to complain about something. I think this kit will do well with the driving style of most people. I’m not into the Mad Max style of spreading dust clouds far and wide so it will do just fine for me. I’m actually happy with stock, but my shocks rusted out.

View attachment 129997 View attachment 129997
that’s true but want to take in the input of others feedback. Is this your first suspension switch/upgrade?

·
Registered
93 Posts

View attachment 129997 View attachment 129997

Curious how much driving have you done on this kit so far? I mean, have you taken it to play on forest roads etc? Sounds like your still installing it..

·
Registered
2010 Xterra S
57 Posts
Curious how much driving have you done on this kit so far?
HA! So far I’ve opened the first box! Like I said, I’ve been happy with the stock suspension here in my northern Vermont town with its one paved road. I’m not particularly fussy. I was happy with my Tacoma TRD, my RAV4, and even a beat up tank in my Marine Corps days!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have about a week on my kit and it’s been decent so far, back and forth to work on the highways. It still rides like a truck no doubt. Not too sure my wife will be happy lol. She expected a smooth ride for the time and money I put into it haha. I’m sure it’ll shine off pavement though.

but one issue I’m having is creaking from the leaf packs on the right side. I got new Nissan top shackle bushings and used the lower rubbers that came with the kit, greased them up before install. double checked torque, everything looks good.
I just assumed because they were new they’d need time to settle in and stop talking so much. Guess I don’t care too much overall, just wondering if it’s something I did or can fix somehow.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts