Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and jollyman78 are looking to get some of us who live here in CO together this weekend for some light trail exploring. We both have pretty stock OR models so nothing too extreme. We are looking for anyone else who might want to join us, weather experienced to show us some tips (and get to show off) or newbie's like ourselves. PM each other and reply to this thread if you r interested. We are also looking for a suggestion or two on a good "stock" trail here in the Golden/Denver/Boulder area. (Yes we know about the trail websites but can you be specific please.)

We haven't picked a meeting place yet but we will work that out if more people than the two of us wanna go.

October 6th is the date. Its this Saturday...

Thanks!
Tom

·
on line
3,218 Posts
You guys should check out RONIN, if you haven't already. A CO based NISSAN drivers group, with highly experienced guides, and mechanical help too. Get to know your neighbors, and see what runs they've got planned. :)

·
on line
551 Posts
Well all my trail info is 20+ years old (that is when I last ran up that way) and not sure I could find them anymore.
With that said, we had been thinking of taking the trailer out one last time and was thinking of either Mueller or Golden Gate.
I think I can convince the better half on Golden Gate and if so I'd be up to it.
I'll know more later in the week.

·
on line
295 Posts
There's a good run out my way, Slaughterhouse Gultch.

·
on line
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just sent a message to jollyman78. He and I (possibly more from RONIN or other wheeln friends) will be going to Caribou Creek Trail on this Sat 6th up in Nederland. Not too far from us (denver) and a good stock running trail. Here is the link to the trail description on traildammage.com.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=5

Here is the message I sent to jollyman78...

The more the merrier! We also need to decide on a meeting location and time. How does 11am sound to meet in Nederland at the only gas station located on the roundabout in the center of the town (Hwy 72).

I am pasting this link to google maps where you can see a satilite view of the places I marked and made a rough trail guide for us... Click the first link for the google map and the second one to view my "home made map".

Google Map Points

My Home Made Trail Map

Let me know if the time and meeting spot work for you...

Tom

Feel free to send this message to anyone else that might go with us...

·
on line
279 Posts
Damn, I really want to go! I live in Denver...but my X is brand spankin' new, only 400 miles, and I don't want to take long freeway trips or risk racing the engine in 4LO until after the 1200 mile break-in period is over.... :shaking:

What can I say, I'm a geek/stickler.

Please keep me in mind for future trips though, I'm all about it. I'm basically planning to take the winter and do some light modding to my stock Off Road X as well, if anyone is interested in a group mod session....on my short list is Shrock sliders and skids, a Daystar 2" lift, and a Volant intake.

·
on line
1,045 Posts
Guit Fiddle said:
Damn, I really want to go! I live in Denver...but my X is brand spankin' new, only 400 miles, and I don't want to take long freeway trips or risk racing the engine in 4LO until after the 1200 mile break-in period is over.... :shaking:

What can I say, I'm a geek/stickler.

Please keep me in mind for future trips though, I'm all about it. I'm basically planning to take the winter and do some light modding to my stock Off Road X as well, if anyone is interested in a group mod session....on my short list is Shrockworks sliders and skids, a Daystar 2" lift, and a Volant intake.
I have the shrock sliders, order them NOW! Mine took 6 weeks to get here :(
I can help ya hang 'em if you need a hand. As I said on another thread, I plan on ordering the Daystar as well... do you already have your parts for it? If not, how soon did 4wheelparts say they can get it... maybe we can get them to give us a deal on getting 2!

·
on line
279 Posts
Don't have the parts yet - 4 wheel parts has one of 'em in Salt Lake City, and can get it here in a couple of days. To me, a more sensible deal is to get it from www.autoanything.com for $299 with free shipping, and should be received inside of a week. That's probably what I'll do....

Yeah, I need to order the Shrockworks stuff pronto. Interestingly, AC sells the Scrockworks sliders too, and I wonder if they have some in stock or get a quicker turnaround time....maybe I'll ask AC directly.

·
on line
295 Posts
Can't make this run. Sounds like fun though.

·
on line
551 Posts
Well it isn't gonna happen for me this time.
Had a window install started yesterday and they'll be finishing up today.
Have a good time!

·
on line
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep I'll be there at the gas station to meet ya at 11am today. See you there!

·
on line
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are some more glory shots of this weekend. One of them is Jollyman78 on 2 wheels. Awesome! Enjoy and next time lets get more of us together. In fact let’s plan the next one now. Let’s shoot for Sunday, October 21st. Start posting suggestions for trails and if your interested in going.

Remember next run will be Sunday, October 21st. Post if you can make it.
See Ya!

Tom

1 - 20 of 21 Posts