Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Just to be on the safe side, get it aligned as soon as you can. No reason to wait if you know you're suspension is wacked after lifting it. Which, it most certainly will be. (even a little bit)

·
on line
15,651 Posts
SeXterraPA said:
Just to be on the safe side, get it aligned as soon as you can. No reason to wait if you know you're suspension is wacked after lifting it. Which, it most certainly will be. (even a little bit)
It's not the suspension that is wacked, it's the steering. There is no safety issue with not getting it aligned after a mild 2.5" lift. It will just cause toe and camber problems and wear the tires funny.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
I have the PRG SPacers and the mini Deaver AAL on the way from PRG. Greg told me that I won't need the camber bolts. They should be able to align without? What do you think?

·
on line
2,072 Posts
CAn someone take a picture of the Cam bolts on their truck so I can see what I am looking for? I have an 05 so I may have them.

·
on line
1,045 Posts
Bueller44 said:
I have the PRG SPacers and the mini Deaver AAL on the way from PRG. Greg told me that I won't need the camber bolts. They should be able to align without? What do you think?
I did the Daystar lift (2~2.5) w/o cam bolts and they were able to align it...

Though, I only had the fronts on when I had it done; need to go back and have it checked now that I have the rear shackels on.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
you can support and get them from yournissanparts.com for about $50
they sponsor this site and offer a discount to members so it's nice to show some support back

·
on line
2,072 Posts
can someone show a pic of the cam bolts actually on the truck? Would like to check to see if I have them, just not sure where to look.

·
on line
1,045 Posts
Bueller44 said:
can someone show a pic of the cam bolts actually on the truck? Would like to check to see if I have them, just not sure where to look.
I had the same question and no one seamed to have one. If you look at your LCA's and the bolts are in the center of the washer, you don't have them.

Shoot a pic of what you have and post it here, someone can tell you if you're still not sure.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts