1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here are the good pictures.

The leaf springs: side by side comparison

The install

This was the hardest part!! I fought with this thing for thirty minutes before i realized i could use a jack to push the spring into the shackle. Even with the jacks help it was still a struggle. Other than that it was pretty damn easy. I am an amature... No no, I am a novice... and i did this install all by myself!! (VERY EASY)

Kindof makes 285/75/16's look small. (now i need to find a diff drop kit so I can raise the front more :cheers: )

·
on line
589 Posts
What is the front lift you are running with that?

Have you measured from hubcap to top of the wheel well on front and back to see the difference?

Do the brake lines look stretched at all (Are the aftermarket ones)?

Looks great man!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In front i am running the TC UCA's and Radflo coilovers. In the rear i have the AC shackle in addition to the alcan leaf pack. I also have extended brake lines, and relocated ABS lines. And also longer rancho 9000 shocks. So nothing is stretched out in the rear.

I am thinking about cranking the radflos so they give me a little more lift in the front, but i am scared that i will start having issues with the front CV joints.

:cheers: who cares i think it looks good!

·
on line
589 Posts
Dang...practically the same setup I am running :geek: Just got Calmini in the rear (AAL and Shackles). It does look great though. On the Radflos, do you happen to know what height you have those sitting at? More specifically, how much room you have between the coil bucket and the bump stop on the UCA?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Ok, seeing as this is the exact setup I am about to buy (did my taxes, know how much I am getting back). What specs are the Alcan's? I know I had read that some wished they had gotten more lift when they ordered them.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Between 1" and 1.5" of lift (thats what i told the guy i wanted). I also have 100 extra lbs. of load carrying capability, with another 50 lbs for the rear bumper.

I am extremely happy with how they feel, there were a few hickups while installing them, but nothing serious. i have never worked on leaf springs before so it took a little extra time to figure out how to do it.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
After discussing this with the shop prior to ordering my pack, perhaps it is wise to add 1" to what you'll think you need. The pack may settle some and perhaps sag a wee bit with use and time.

Looks good Eddo! Give those coils a crank or two to level out.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Erick said:
Dang...practically the same setup I am running :geek: Just got Calmini in the rear (AAL and Shackles). It does look great though. On the Radflos, do you happen to know what height you have those sitting at? More specifically, how much room you have between the coil bucket and the bump stop on the UCA?
When i get that info i will let you know!

·
on line
1,407 Posts
You're missing the whole vehicle side shot! Looks great!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
B Slater said:
Yea we want to see just how much like a drag racer that looks like! WOW! You can fit a set of chains on your rear tires now! Whhooo!
That's sick! How does it ride all that, keep reporting.

I can't do this, I like to leave for work no ice scraping, I know I won't clear the garage door with these on. But it does look good. MC

·
on line
259 Posts
BoonDox said:
Just leave the keys in it.. I'll be down in a month to
take it for a ride! :drunken: j/k
I agree. They should lower a bit after some use. You might also consider going back to the OEM shackles and level the ride (at least until you get the diff drop).

Great pics, thanks.
:geek:

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
B Slater said:
Here ya go! Personally im not a huge fan of the rake, but hopefully That can be fixed. Maybe I will buy calmini's 5" lift and sell the parts that i dont need. Hmmmmmm........ :scratch: :scratch: Should I do it??? :drunken:

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Dang that looks tall! It looks great, it does make the 285's look small.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Looks good. I like what I see there, may go that way on my '07 when mods begin. I was the 1st to put the SAS leafpacks on a Gen1 and it took a little experimentation w/ the shackles to find the right combo. It looks to me that with front and back aftrmkt bumpers, the right lift for me will be TC UCAS w/ Radflos on front and the Alcan springpack out back on this truck.

·
on line
67 Posts
I don't see how those 285's look small. They look perfect.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts