Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Super Black Pro-4X
24 Posts
It was higher than front before putting them on.

Measurements w/265/75s....

Front: 34 before, 36 after(2" spacers and new struts)
Rear: 34 1/2 before: 37 1/2 after. That's 1 1/2" on shackles and 1 1/2" from the springs.

The stock leafs on my '11 Pro-4X seem to be sagging a bit, and these look like a good option to get 3" of lift economiclly. What kind of shackles are you using, and what spacers/struts in front? Did you have to make any changes (brake lines, UCA's, etc.)? It would be great to get 2" of front lift without having to make these kind of changes.

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on the subject of General's "Roadmaster Active Suspension" in conjunction with these springs?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Shock pairing recommendation: Bilstein 5165. That's what I have with my Alcan +3", +400 lb springs on oem shackles and the ride is great. The back end sags a little when towing my camper trailer, but no noise or any issues whatsoever from the Alcans. Driving empty is firm but compliant, and wheeling with myself, wife, and 250-500 lbs in the back end is great.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I had stock rear until 115k when I was bottoming out and finally scraped off my electrical connector. I liked the suspension on desert off-roading at 20mph, 40, 50.

Along came Old Man Emu Dakar springs.
too stiff off road. For me. My fridge would go airborne in 10mph. Same trail as before.

2 months later, still stiff. I bought adjustable shackles set to 2”. Noticeable difference, not so stiff. It’s been 50k now. They have squeeked from dust or rain and have a reputation for being loudest? I only got 1” rise from leaves. Another from shackles.

next I want Alcans in stock stiffness, 3” lift…whenever the time comes.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts