Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

981 - 987 of 987 Posts

·
TNX Veteran
4,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #983
Added LED Strip lights to the rear. The rear hatch light is weak and gets blocked by my stuff anyway. This will be a huge help for night skiing and camping. See post for more details: Rear Hatch Floodlight Idea.....

·
TNX Veteran
4,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #985
Are you actually using a CB?
Yeah, when I can. I'll use it when running with other groups sometimes. I carry HAM, CB, and GRMS radios and never feel like I get to use one more than the other which is annoying. CB I mostly listen in when on the snowy mountain passes and traffic is a cluster F - truckers keep me updated to what is happening better than anything else

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah, when I can. I'll use it when running with other groups sometimes. I carry HAM, CB, and GRMS radios and never feel like I get to use one more than the other which is annoying. CB I mostly listen in when on the snowy mountain passes and traffic is a cluster F - truckers keep me updated to what is happening better than anything else
I’ve had the same experience. My CB has been a handy tool quite a few times while driving over mountain passes here in Colorado during storms. Truckers can be super helpful calling out real-time snow/road conditions.
Also, I might have to copy you LED strip mod for the back. Looks awesome and simple, specially helpful when night skiing.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Took my canoe mounts off the top. Decided it was probably time given that I haven't used my canoe since August of 2018 and won't until sprint 2020...

Here's how they held up.

Also a couple pics on how the Dephep is holding up. I rarely carry stuff in it. Powder coat doesn't seem to be holding up well around the grate.

Under the canoe mount L-brackets:

Scrap it and get an expedition one rack that doesn’t rust.

981 - 987 of 987 Posts