Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anybody has an Airaid intake on their Xterra? If so how loud is it and how is the performance?

·
on line
2,573 Posts
It has a great sound to it but that is about it. Performance = nothing noticeable but I do have to clean the filter more often than the stock filter.

I'm going back to the stock set-up when I get back to my X at the end of the month. I'll toss an a K&N or something like that instead of the paper one.

Spend the money on Sliders, Skids, Tires etc...

Later

·
on line
551 Posts
I put the Airaid MIT on my Suburban, and sounds nice, not too loud.
Performance gains, I'm sure are minimal, but it does feel faster.

·
on line
44 Posts
paulhood said:
Wondering if anybody has an Airaid intake on their Xterra? If so how loud is it and how is the performance?
it is a good intake. it does it's job, but it seems like it pulls hot air from the engine when stopped. I might be switching over to a volant in a little bit because of the closed box design.

·
on line
189 Posts
i have a Air Raid Throttle Body spacerr

·
on line
874 Posts
I got one

I live in newengland so I can't really do a cold air intake( things flood around here in the spring when the snow melts and I dont need hydrolock), I went with the airraid one and like it so far, paid $200 for it and installed in 30 minutes, you only hear it around 3500-redline when your under load...if your just revving in in park you wont hear a thing...as for performance you can feel it in the renge previously discussed mostly because thats when and where the VVT kicks in...i think its a good buy and an easy install...I want to do exhaust next but iam worried about the sound after reading about other peoples issues with magnaflow and flomaster....does stillen make one?!?!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
XterraVT said:
It has a great sound to it but that is about it. Performance = nothing noticeable but I do have to clean the filter more often than the stock filter.

I'm going back to the stock set-up when I get back to my X at the end of the month. I'll toss an a K&N or something like that instead of the paper one.

Spend the money on Sliders, Skids, Tires etc...

Later
A K&N filters about half the dirt a stock filter will, if you want flow and filtration, you go with the new type hi flow nanofiber media such as the Amsoil EaFilter listed for the X here: http://www.amsoil.com/ click on red box application guide work through than and check out the filter. I do have a K&N for sale with about 3K miles on it if you want. When I found out that if I used that filter my Amsoil 25K mile warranty on the oil was void due to the dirt it allows into the oil, I took it out and put the new style in, you can clean it on the trail, and no oil means no fouling the sensors or expensive re-charge kits.

That said, Amsoil don't have the corner on this market, there are a few that offer same technology I thing Airhog is same thing. But anyways, that is the future of Air filtration, K&N will come to this when they wake up. (Or run out of the stock pile of recharge kits.)
MC

·
on line
874 Posts
i dont get it...with the amsoil you dont clean it!?!?

·
on line
39 Posts
I have a NISMO intake and air raid throttle body spacer. the intake made a noticable difference in power and mpg. the TBS was a waste of money, all it does is make a whistling sound that could be confused with a super charger or squeaky belt depending on your mood. the biggest upgrade with best results was aftermarket exhaust. I did a magnaflow, but i've heard great reviews on several other brands as well.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
marzterra said:
i dont get it...with the amsoil you dont clean it!?!?

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/detail.aspx?ID=6846 $47.45 Each
Or more direct with info try https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/eaa.aspx
That link has all the info plus this on cleaning.

Cleanable - Longer Life
When cleaned according to AMSOIL specifications and used in normal service, AMSOIL Ea Air Filters are guaranteed for 100,000 miles or four years, whichever comes first. EaA Filters remain effective for 25,000 miles or one year before requiring cleaning. This coincides with the AMSOIL 25,000-mile/one-year motor oil drain interval, adding even more convenience for motorists by consolidating routine maintenance. (See below for cleaning instructions.)

I cleaned mine at 15K pretty much clean as all get out. The dirt falls off it with a bang, but you blow air from clean side or vacuum from dirty.

If you order, my dealer No is zo 1447837 But, Amsoil is not alone in this new technology, but they do have a great price on it, CC ships to your house. No one else has a 4 year warranty on an air filter though. I have one, I'd only buy that as another one, plus, do the cut the air tube and I swear you will notice it breaths easier. Our intake is designed very well with CAI already, so this is a great MOD and you can go to longest service interval on oil changes with confidence with this air filter. MC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts