Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a throttle spacer? is there noticeable improvement in power and fuel efficiency?
here is a link to the part I am taking about
http://airaid.com/520-605_nissan.asp

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I know that on older "Vortex" Chevys Airaids are junk because that was the reason they were called vortex. They had an airaid type device already designed into the factory manifold. I would think Nissan has done everything possible to design this in for efficiency too.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i whish someone had installed it so I can find out if it is really worth it

·
on line
844 Posts
USMC XTERRA said:
Nissan has to comply with pollution standards, so their hands are tied. And that is where aftermarket takes off.
Plus, Nissan had little time left after spending so much time figuring out how to make the rear end bottom out. JK MC
I agree with you, but I sincerely doubt that increasing air velocity, and therefore fuel efficiency and horsepower has anything to do with pollution.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MagEditor said:
they dont do a thing.
kool, then i just saved a ton of money

·
on line
111 Posts
It will certainly screw with the power output. It might not change the net output, it might move the powerband around for better or worse.

The single factor of length can affect power output. Variable length intake manifolds (VLIM) "As the name implies, VLIM can vary the length of the intake tract in order to optimize power and torque, as well as provide better fuel efficiency." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_Length_Intake_Manifold)

According to Wikipedia, Nissan already applies the technology V6s and V8s.

What I would like to see is a dyno chart showing the difference. A dyno that charts both wide-open pulls and normal driving acceleration, and how wide the throttle needs to be open to maintain a constant highway speed. I'm think its going to screw with fuel economy.

·
on line
189 Posts
can dis Throttle Body Space...

work with a K&N Filter...

or do i need a INtake...

·
on line
844 Posts
I put one of these on my buddy's 300c, we aren't sure it made a difference or not, but it kinda sounds like a supercharger, there's a whistling noise at certain rpm's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts