Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Which intake?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update: okay guys, heres the deal. i am a noob, and i can not make decisions for myself... i have done research, but i can not decide on which intake. i kno youll prolly hate me for doing this, but i put up a poll. i just installed a K&N on my dads truck, and love it. i love the sucking sound. im hearing tht the k&n is too loud, but how loug is too loud? how loud is it really? right now i am leaning on the k&n, but please give any more feedback/info

thank you
cam

what do you guys think is the best intake kit? something in the $250 range. i was origanally looking into the K&N 57 Series FIPK, but i was seeing if there are any other opinions or options.
thanks
cam

·
on line
1,977 Posts
INTAKE

I had a K&N on my 01 X.It`s really noisey.You can hear it sucking in that air.It performed well though.I put the Volant on my 06.Much quieter and still makes a big difference in power.It looks nicer too.You might find one for less than $300.Good luck!
Bill

·
on line
25 Posts
I bought an AEM for mine for $240. It uses a dry filter instead of an oiled one.

·
on line
589 Posts
If you do a search I thought there was a post with the Dyno results on each intake. If I remember correctly, K&N actually did basically nothing as far as HP while the other did a little better.

·
on line
355 Posts
i had the Injen Powerflow box. It was way too loud. So you might want to hear a couple in person to make sure you'll like it. And mine was in an almost sealed box too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts