Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all!

i wasn't sure where to put this, so i figured general was good.

i'm looking to buy an air compressor for air tools, tire fills, etc...mainly to do work on the X. What size tank and HP would you recommend, i'm planning a lift kit install in the near future and plan to use it for this job. basically, what is the minimum tank size and HP i could get away with, what are the recommended tank and HP sizes, and which brand is good??

·
on line
844 Posts
get something that has at least 9-10 scfm at 90 psi and you shold be ok. you can look at the tools you'll use the most often and see what they require from a pressure standpoint, and if you're using them for any extended period of time I'd recommend at least a 25gal tank.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Well Over time I have had like 6 I should have bought just one gigantic one. 220 V that's what i have now and that is all that works for me.
I also have a portable Gas unit that works in a pinch off road repairs 30 gallon tank, sears. 7 HP Basically buy as big as you can afford. But seems like everyone buys one and moves up, and up and up and up. Join the crowd? My best deal was a used one! MC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts