Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Cobra 75 WX ST this weekend. I put the control box under the seat, and tapped a wire behind the dash for power. In the process I removed the drivers seat, and unplug the pass air bag light behind the dash. This morning on my way to work the air bag light was flashing, so I took it to the Stealership. They charged me $90 to re-set the airbag light.

They did not cover it under warauntee because of the CB. My question is if I need to unplug these connectors in the future who can I prevent this problem again? If I had disconnected the battery first would I be okay?

·
on line
264 Posts
dont disconnect your battery though i did that and the stealership charged me 90 to reset the engine computer. they said you need to hook up a 9v battery to the possitve before you disconnect so the wire keeps some juice in it. mad dumb imo

·
on line
2,077 Posts
irp88 said:
dont disconnect your battery though i did that and the stealership charged me 90 to reset the engine computer. they said you need to hook up a 9v battery to the possitve before you disconnect so the wire keeps some juice in it. mad dumb imo

huh?? i've disconnected my battery several times and had no issues afterwards...just had to reset all my radio stations and such

·
on line
631 Posts
willgr1 said:
irp88 said:

huh?? i've disconnected my battery several times and had no issues afterwards...just had to reset all my radio stations and such

X2

·
on line
807 Posts
irp88 said:
Yea man, you got taken.
Resetting the ecu once in a while is actually I good thing, I usually get better mpg for a while after I reset it. The only bad thing disconnecting the battery does is loose your radio presets.

·
on line
358 Posts
My AirBag light was flashing after unpluging the front pass airbag light. I just did the AirBag reset and it cured the problem. VICTORY!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts