Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone;

Sadness loomed in my household (primarily only by me) after I sold my beloved Jeep of nearly 10 years, one that I've had since high school.

A few days later, the clouds lifted as my wife and I, expecting our first child in August, found a 2005 X with 75,000 miles and a standard transmission. Anxious to avoid the rampant auto tranny/radiator leak problem, we jumped on the deal as soon as possible.

I would have joined the site sooner but unfortunately the clutch died almost two weeks after we purchased it and we've been having to deal with that since mid-February, but I'll post more about those problems in Powertrain/Driveline.

Anyways, excited to be here, there seems to be a wealth of knowledge!

Thanks,

D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome from Niwot!!! Congrats on the X and in due time you won't miss the Jeep. LOL
Watch the mountain section as well as NORAC for trail runs and MOD days. We also have a FB page called Nissan Off Road Association of Colorado.
I'm enjoying it so far! We may join you guys, but I doubt I'll be doing anything too difficult/technical until a few years out. I'll check you guys out on FB.

Welcome from Fort Fort Collins :)
Nice! That's actually where we bought our X. We're located in Broomfield.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Welcome from Littleton!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Welcome from Castle Rock. As Golf said, you'll get to a point where you don't miss the Jeep. I had a jeep for 18 years, traded up to the X and never looked back!

As for the trail runs, there's plenty of runs that are stock-vehicle friendly and the NORAC crew are keen to make sure that everyone can be involved and have a good time.

Hope to see you out there!

·
on line
1,449 Posts
Welcome from Colorado Springs. :hello2: Or is it Monument? :confused: Could I still be in Florida? :scratch: Nah, that couldn't be right. :rolleyes: It's freezing cold outside and those Floridians wouldn't know what to do. :dontknow:

Ok, enough rambling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome from Castle Rock. As Golf said, you'll get to a point where you don't miss the Jeep. I had a jeep for 18 years, traded up to the X and never looked back!

As for the trail runs, there's plenty of runs that are stock-vehicle friendly and the NORAC crew are keen to make sure that everyone can be involved and have a good time.

Hope to see you out there!
I'm looking forward to taking my daughter out and showing her what a great state she lives in, how many rigs do you guys typically role with?

Welcome from springs, I'm another previous jeep owner and every time I'm warm and toasty in the snow I laugh at the jeeps on the road.
Posted via Mobile Device
My Jeep was a 1996 Cherokee -- people with defrosts that clear the whole windshield in under 10 minutes made me jealous. The X feels like a Land Cruiser to me!

Welcome from foco :hello2:
Posted via Mobile Device
Jeez. How many Xterra owners are in Colorado?!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I'm looking forward to taking my daughter out and showing her what a great state she lives in, how many rigs do you guys typically role with?

Jeez. How many Xterra owners are in Colorado?!
Numbers on trail runs vary, but last NORAC meeting had about 30 folks attending. So there are lots of us! :eek:ccasion5:

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Welcome from Lakewood!

Don't let the numbers deter you, if that's not your thing ... there's plenty of easier trails you can comfortably get out on, on your own, as long as you're prepared. But the NORAC crew is a good group, and very open.

If you don't know about it already, check out traildamage.com ... really nice collection of trail descriptions and GPS tracks. Easy to use database, too. Also the Wells books from Funtreks (link 1 and link 2)... and their (newer) accompanying GPS cards.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm pretty comfortable on Colorado trails, I'm just weary about putting a vehicle I'm still paying off on some of those trails! Here's an older pic of the Jeep and the new X (and before you say anything about the tires, it came with them!)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts