Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been a n00b on a board in quite a long time, crap. :)

What's up ya'll...my name is Peck, yes Peck. Some of ya'll may know me from the AC board (Secret Azn Man) and I lurk XOC, but only for entertainment value. Nice place here, tons of info and everyone seems cool...not arrogant like at that other Xterra based place.

I don't own a X yet, but I hope to by the middle of next week. The dealer I'm in contact with has a leftover '06 SE 4wd that I know they are dying to get rid of. Hopefully they'll bite on my offers. :crossfingers:

Well thats all for now....

·
on line
1,479 Posts
welcome :wav:

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys.

Of course I'm following you Chia, your my idol. :) I never answer cause YOU ALWAYS CALL WHEN I'M AT WORK! By the time I can get around to calling you back its late and I always forget to call you back the next day. You miss me or what?!? :D

So this dealership isn't taking my offer, but their offer isn't TOO bad. I'll accept their offer if I can get a few incentives out of it...you know oil changes, rubber mats, alignments, and the sales lady's numnber cause she is HOT!

·
on line
237 Posts
Welcome Nooby!!! :cheers:

·
on line
2,077 Posts
welcome!!

good luck with the dealerships, when i was looking for my X i was also looking at a new 06 colorado back in december....just when chevy started to red tag everything...i talked them down 10K on a brand new truck, but ended up going with the X for practicality purposes....moral of this story, you may have to fight them a bit, but eventually they'll get desparate to make a sale, then you'll look like gold to them!!

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Also take into account that you can bribe-off a few oil changes and maybe an alignment just for returning your Nissan survey with positive remarks.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well...another dealer on that lot sold that X already. :( Oh well, atleast who ever bought it over payed for it. :)

No pictures of the saleslady though, sorry. She actually turned me over to their internet sales manager to see what he can do for me. He found me a '07 S 4wd for $24,074...I'm want to get him down to $23.5 OTD. Think thats feasible?

I also found a '07 Frontier 4wd king cab, I know I can get that at the price I want but...the X just offers for more the cash. I don't know...

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Welcome,

Tip, A dealer can sell you the X that just came in off the truck cheaper that the one on the lot AND he'll make more money on it.

Why? Well, he pays a fee (Rent) for each vehicle on the lot. So, lets say he just got a new X in He has paid no rent on it. Now right over there is one he got in 10 months ago and has been paying a monthly inventory fee of say $200 That's $2000. So, he has to sell you that OLD X for whatever and the $2000 to make any money. He can sell you the brand new one for Whatever plus $5 and make more profit. Now, Try reading some here, http://www.carbuyingtips.com/carintro.html
then buy your X. Oh, and if you are a Bank who would you loan your money to, someone who bought a New Car, or a new car 2 years old?

Get a New X.

MC

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Welcome to the club. :wave:

·
on line
255 Posts
From our experience, I'd say listen to the Marine. After checking several dealers, we got just about the same deal on an '07 as we could get on an '06. If you are going to trade in your X in a few years, you should make back more than the $1000 extra cash Nissan is offering on the '06's because of depreciation( the 07 will be a year newer than the 06 as far as trade in value).

Oops! Almost forgot to welcome you to the forum. Welcome!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts