Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
122 Posts
It is from the semi-metalic brake pads. Used so see it all the time on vehicles up north when I lived there. Grab a clay bar and clean it off.

·
on line
32 Posts
yeah I noticed them about a month ago when I brought the X to a carwash. First thought I almost lost my mind. But hey if a clay bar work then I will give it a try if not off to the dealer I guess. Defibvt where would you get a clay bar from?

thanks
Shaun

·
on line
259 Posts
on my tailgate, bottom left hand corner of the rear window, I have real rust, small cracks in the paint are the culprit, I can fix it, but it will take a dremel and an airbrush gun. mine is an 05 and has 38K on it. what the piss!!!!!

·
on line
32 Posts
yep, called my dealer today, and the maager said to bring it in and we will figure something out. So I'm hoping even just the back hatch paint, but the whole truck would be nice

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dealers nationwide will not admit this is a major problem on some xteras. We have the same thing on our 08 - To fix it the right way would be for Nissan to recall all the xteras that suffer from this bad paint job and repaint.
That is expecting alot - it is a major job - but it still needs to be done.
Many people suffer from the same thing and many post their e-mail address. It would not take much for all the people to band together and demand something be done but you would think nissan would not wait that long to fix a problem for their devoted customers

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wow. A thread resurrected from the dead. You do realize the last post before yours was from 63 months ago, right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts