Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 06 OR about 6 months ago. I was entertaining the thought of getting an aftermarket anti-rust undercoating (Ziebart etc.). I would like to get it done before the Chicago winter sets in. Is this just a waste of $$$ or will it be a valuable addition to my X?

Thanx,

Cipher

·
on line
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the reply kokopop

Anyone else?

·
on line
44 Posts
how much is it and what is the warrenty for? salt =rust but the new stuff doesnt seem to rust like the old stuff ie cj's and landrovers

·
on line
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I just got an estimate over the phone for the Ziebart undercoating & it's $189.00. The full upper-body rustproofing is $299.00 & has a 10 year warranty.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
If you really plan on keeping it. I'd say not a waste, especially where you live!
If you go under there and look now, you will see seems where body panels meet. Salt and dirt and moisture gets into the seems and it will rust corrode and all that mess. Mind you, 6 years you will never notice but long term you will.
Rustproofing will fill and seal the seams, making it easier to clean up after a wheel because dirt never got into the seams. It also makes it easier to work on take apart wise in the future and deadens sound. Plus, does add to the resale. And it looks good!
That's not a bad price.
Do it before winter but Mods will make for touch ups! See what the cost of that is!

MC

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Waste of money here in AZ. Don't think I could get her to rust if I tried! :)

·
on line
1,884 Posts
I've always felt they are a waste of money... :bounce:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts