Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to prevent that transmission failure now, when everything is still fine with my X. As I'm not so thrilled about doing a bypass, I would rather go with an aftermarket radiator. Came across this video today and wondering if anyone has any experience or used the radiator that guy is showing in there? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h40z_rdc7c
Looked at their web page, but no products there :-( He mentioned in his comments below the video that those are custom-made for them by the same company that makes the Kia/Hyundai radiators. I was thinking to ask a friend of mine who works as a mechanic for Hyunday, but maybe somebody here knows too?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also am looking for a good aftermarket radiator. I've read so many of the various threads regarding the by-pass and additional trans coolers, but none have really gone into a good replacement for the stock radiator. I've done the by-pass, but I'd feel better if I could just replace the rad with something better. I know of Koyorad radiators from other vehicles in the past and they are a good company and build good products. Their part number for our Xterra is A2807.

I checked with them because of past history, but I'm sure there are other manufacturers with similarly good products. I just don't know of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts