Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After talking to a bunch of people, and talking to Greg at PRG, I have decided on his shorter, 2.5" Radflo coilover's, with the deaver mini pack in back. Should ship out tomorrow, hopefully I can get it installed next week. Now I need to order sliders, and possibly the shrockworks rear bumper. BTW, they are talking 6-8 weeks.

·
on line
4,594 Posts
Talking with Greg is a detriment to your wallet.

Enjoy!
:D

Hijack in progress:
Custom Hi-Lift Mount (in progress)

Care to share a bit more? ;-)

·
on line
2,077 Posts
first of all, remember we're talking about two different sized coilovers. the 2.5" radflos max out there. if you want more lift you go with radflos that are longer and can give you 3+" of lift....this is when you need the new UCAs......sky is the limit when going up, most say no more than 3" up front due to CV angles, but if you do a drop differential like Eddo did, then you can go with longer coilovers.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Ok, gotcha. 3" is about all I am ultimately looking for in the front (of course I say that now!) and then w/ the Deavers I have now I want to throw on the PRG shackles to get me at about 4" in the rear (I like the raked look).

Will, you're running the 2.5" Rads up front right? And then the Deavers in the rear? I liked your setup/look after seeing it in person in Corpus.

·
on line
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Talking to Greg is def. a wallet drainer. I started out with the idea of just getting spacers in the front, with shackles or the deaver pack in the back. Ended up with the radflos and deavers.

for the custom mount: I'm playing around with wakeboard tower mounts...I have a set of speaker mounts that go to 2.25" tubing, they have some sort of teeth in a clamp that goes around the tube. This mounts perfectly to our rack, however, I cannot modify it fit a hi-lift. I'm also looking into other types of tower mounts. Also am thinking of finding the right size u bolt, then putting a u-bolt plate on it. put a bolt through that plate, and mount the lift with nut/wingnute or something. Any other ideas?

·
on line
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will, do you have any pics of the wheel well in rear, or rake of your vehicle. Ideally, I would like to finish off the rear with the shackles and bilsteins. How much lift did you end up with total for the front/back?

·
on line
2,077 Posts
i can take some pics and make some measurements this weekend....currently i'm in maryland and the X is in texas, but i'll see it tomorrow night :cheers: ......but, just the lift i'm around 2.5" in the front and i think a little over 3" in the rear....rake isn't very noticeable.

·
on line
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just curious, how come 3" in back? I was thinking about the PRG shackles on their 2nd to highest setting, and it coming out to about 4". 4.5 on the highest setting. I guess this depends on the individual truck? What about new brakelines, you need them for the rear?

·
on line
366 Posts
azterra said:
After talking to a bunch of people, and talking to Greg at PRG, I have decided on his shorter, 2.5" Radflo coilover's, with the deaver mini pack in back. Should ship out tomorrow, hopefully I can get it installed next week. Now I need to order sliders, and possibly the shrockworks rear bumper. BTW, they are talking 6-8 weeks.
Hah, I just ordered the exact same thing today. I won't get a chance to install them till after new years though. Lemme know how the install goes.

·
on line
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will take some pics is possible. I might be having my local shop do the work, since I don't have the space or tools in my garage. Although the radflos are supposed to be really easy.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
my X could be 4" in the rear, dunno, never bothered to measure.....i just assumed after settling it's around 3"......you will need only need to extend the brake lines if you put a longer travel shock on like the bilstein 5125s. you can do with stainless steel brake lines like AC sells. some people have found you can also just bend the bracket and get another inch or two out of the stock lines.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
If you run an aftermarket UCA, you can only go so tall before the droop-stop comes to rest and no matter how much preload or what size spacer, you just wont go any taller. And at this point, all the ball joints and CV's are still 100% happy and safe. Unlike our toyota brethren, we dont have to worry about going 1/2" too tall and having our CV's explode.
As for the brake lines, if you run the proper rear shocks, even the longer version, the lines are still tyipcally long enough. Here is a pic to show the longer bilsteins at full droop using the Deaver/PRG minipack.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
and possibly the shrockworks rear bumper. BTW, they are talking 6-8 weeks.
8-weeks ago I ordered mine - figure 9 to 10.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts