Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried an aftermarket fuel sending unit? Seems to be a valid idea, since people keep having problems with the oem units! Plus, aftermarket units are a heck of alot cheaper than oem...

·
on line
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a universal unit, but may be more reliable than oem! Just a thought.
Anyone see any prob's with using this type of universal unit? Please inform.

P.S. I do not know how to post a link, so I copy & pasted this info.

< Back - Change Vehicle

4 Fuel Level Sending Unit Result(s) for 2006 Nissan Xterra

thepartsbin.com

Fuel Level Sending Unit
Brand: Autometer

AUTOMETER - Universal Fuel Level Sender, 2 1/16", And 2 5/8", 240 Ohms Empty, 33 Ohms Full

Free Shipping On Orders Over $50.00

FITS SKU PRICE QTY
UNIVERSAL PRODUCT
MAY REQUIRE VEHICLE MODIFICATION A483262 $29.95

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Since it talks to the ECM through the CAN, I would be surprised if a universal unit would work.

Also since the sending unit, filter and pump are all one unit, not sure how a universal one would work.

·
on line
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, muzikman. Looks like OEM it is! Goodbye $250.00, off to the bloodsucking, wallet draining stealership on mon. I suppose!!!

·
on line
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sea foam

Unfortunately, I have 50k on my X (thats kinda funny), and like a tard, I didnt opt fer the ext warranty! :evil3: :banghead: But , on a lighter note, the SES light has gone away & the X seems to be running as good as new (always has)! :cheers: I think im gonna let it ride for a bit and see how things go!

P.S. Is the sending unit covered under the engine/trans warranty by chance? Because that would be swell!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts