Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to toss my K&N drop in and upgrade to a dry filter CAI kit (which I will likely run w/ a pre-filter offroad). Didn't want to spend $300+, especially when all of the aftermarket air tubes that run to the throttle body look pretty much like the factory one. The only two kits I could find that only replaced the airbox were aFe and Airaid. Decided that I liked the design of the afe better and went price shopping. 4wheelparts happened to be having sale on aFe products. Free shipping + $25 off the kit. Got it for $180 shipped. Seems like a good deal to me...

http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT60019.aspx

The also have the "Dry Pro S" system, which is a 7 layer filter instead of the standard 5 layer...

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SHADOW said:
I hope you`re not expecting a 50 HP increase.I wonder where that figure came from.
Haha... yeah no. I think that stick that "up to 50 hp" line in there for the advertising on all of their Stage II kits. Not sure where they got that. I saw dyno sheets from a guy who installed it on his 2nd gen Fronty. If memory serves he got a 6hp (max) and 5 ft/lbs (max) increase which will equate to exactly "zero" on the butt-dyno. I am hoping for a marginal mileage increase.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts