Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Advice on Fabricating Shock Hoops?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  boyer 
#1 ·
I'm gonna attempt to create some shock hoops (with crossover brace) to fit these radflo 2.5x8 coilovers with my dirt king long travel set up on my xterra which I've never done before so does anyone have any advice/tips that have done this before? I was going to make them out of 1.5" or 1.75" x 0.120 dom tubing.

Should I set ride height to be right in the middle of the stroke of the shock? And I you want to set it up so you bump out with coilover 90 degree to lower arm correct?

This is kind of what I'm going for:

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system Coil spring Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Rim Automotive exterior

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm gonna attempt to create some shock hoops (with crossover brace) to fit these radflo 2.5x8 coilovers with my dirt king long travel set up on my xterra which I've never done before so does anyone have any advice/tips that have done this before? I was going to make them out of 1.5" or 1.75" x 0.120 dom tubing.

Should I set ride height to be right in the middle of the stroke of the shock? And I you want to set it up so you bump out with coilover 90 degree to lower arm correct?

This is kind of what I'm going for:

View attachment 141918
View attachment 141919
I'm pretty sure pic 2 is of my rig. If you are close to riverside I'll meet up with you so you can see the shock towers Im running and take measurements/photos

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.