Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating between 2 CB's.

1) the Midland 75-822

and 2) the Cobra 75WXST, which everyone seems to be familiar with.

I have done some searching and fould that only k1w1t1m uses the Midland. I really like the midland because I can install it in the X and use it as a handheld also.

Is there a disadvantage that I am missing? Why is the Cobra so popular?

·
on line
807 Posts
I have a MidLand and love it, but it is not a hand-held unit.
I have always heard that getting a quality antenna is much more important that which CB you get. If they are priced similarly I'd go with the cobra, but that is just because I know a lot of people like it, and it looks nicer than the Midland.

·
on line
148 Posts
I know nothing about CBs, but the Midland once looks cool.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
uniden pro 510 xl

Edit to add- Oh, just forGP, don't know if you'd need it or not, but FIRESTIK now makes "Safety Flag" antennas (IMHO, they're the best antennas). Fortunately here in AZ, we dont' have to pay anyone to wheel on their land, yet. There's plenty of wilderness still left and it's a beautiful state.
Rock on.

·
on line
3,285 Posts
Handhelds aren't going to have a great range, but they will work on a trail run. For range, get CB for the truck and a quality antenna. I have the Uniden Pro 520 XL (mounted under the 4x4 controls) and the Wilson 5000 Antenna with 5 foot whip (centrally mounted on the roof).

·
on line
15,651 Posts
As nice as it sounds to have a hand held, they are just a pain in the arse. Although I have never used that midland, there is just too many wires and it's too bulky. If I need something outside the truck, I use FRS's. I just the Cobra because it's nice and small and easy to use.

·
on line
145 Posts
I have one of those Midland units. It works really well and like the box says can be converted from in vehicle to handheld and back again very easily. I only used mine "in vehicle" and it worked great when connected to a good extenal antenna.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts