Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Control door in the intake manifold had failed. I would like to see a pic of the failed door. It sounds ... odd. That video was pretty rattl-ey sounding for sure .
Unfourtinately I don't have the old part or a photo of it. I had a shop find the problem and fix it, that was the only part they replaced and the sound is gone. I can only assume they weren't BSing me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Due to the recent website updates I figured that the best way to keep an up to date build thread was to copy all of my old one, fortunately I wasn't to far in but it still sucks, this is the link to the new one, hopefully I can make up for lost time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
It appears that more people are still following this thread rather than the new one so I figured I would keep this up to date as well. After you last heard from me, I have done new spark plugs, an intake manifold spacer, replaced my alternator (which was destroyed by the water crossing and normal wear), installed a new power steering pump, and added rear cargo lights using KC cyclones, and couldn't be happier (This is the link to the thread if you are interested) also I just recently placed a order for a Hefty Fab oil pan skid as it will protect the only components that I worry about while off roading.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Over the past few months I have added a few mods, first was Noico sound deadening mat, I only did doors so far. Seriously helped with the road noise at highway speeds. second I just added a smittybilt XRC 9500 winch to the bumper, I will upload some photos tomorrow when I can get out to snap a photo.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts