Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was I poped my local deal , because I am in serach of replacesment front springs. Of course the parts manager said they do not stock these parts normally. I'll give them that.

I showed him the AZ site and this site and he had no ideal on the next level of Off Road Nissans.

He thinks, and that could be dangerous,:dontknow: that the Xterra is going to get a Diesel for Next about mid year. Possible a redesign, possible 3 Gen?

I get nervious when Nissan says new and Improved? Whats that?:dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Well, the 2015 is already confirmed as yet another release of the second gen platform, so no-go on that. However, the Titan is getting a Cummins diesel for sure and there's a lot of clamoring for a matching diesel Fronty (whose overseas counterpart the Navara has just been redesigned). If the Xterra remains based on the Frontier platform and goes to a third gen, we can at least expect a Nissan diesel engine to fit, if not actually be equipped.

I doubt Nissan's going to turn around and offer the diesel engine for sale mid-year - I'm assuming production runs are, like most things, planned out long in advance, so we're talking 2016 at the earliest.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I said

A little knowledge is dangerous. But that's good Xterra gets anther year of production life. My replacement vehicle will be a 4Xpro or as I prefer, the Off Road. I like that name better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts