Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Xterra S
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bilstein 5100 shock and coil over strut kit with BROverland leaf springs shipped last Thursday via FedEx in three parcels. The first contained everything but the leafs; it showed up Saturday. The second was one of the leafs. It was delayed when the barcode label fell off, but FedEx figured out where it was going and got it to me today.

The third parcel containing the other leaf still hasn’t reached me. Tracking it has been pretty interesting. From ADO in Nebraska it went to Chicago, then Kansas City, then Washington state, then Ohio, back west to Indiana, then Pennsylvania, on to New Jersey, and it’s presently in Connecticut.

I’m hoping to get it tomorrow, preferably with some frequent flyer miles

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
435 Posts
My Bilstein 5100 shock and coil over strut kit with BROverland leaf springs shipped last Thursday via FedEx in three parcels. The first contained everything but the leafs; it showed up Saturday. The second was one of the leafs. It was delayed when the barcode label fell off, but FedEx figured out where it was going and got it to me today.

The third parcel containing the other leaf still hasn’t reached me. Tracking it has been pretty interesting. From ADO in Nebraska it went to Chicago, then Kansas City, then Washington state, then Ohio, back west to Indiana, then Pennsylvania, on to New Jersey, and it’s presently in Connecticut.

I’m hoping to get it tomorrow, preferably with some frequent flyer miles
I'm not sure how that is possible but yeah it's seeing more of this country than most Americans.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
776 Posts
A heavy knock on my door woke me up just a few minutes ago.
I opened it to see your spring on my stoop. He apologized for the hour, asked for a drink of water and directions to the airport.
I obliged him and saw him off.
Hopefully made his flight. He looked plenty tired.

·
Registered
2010 Xterra S
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A heavy knock on my door woke me up just a few minutes ago.
I opened it to see your spring on my stoop. He apologized for the hour, asked for a drink of water and directions to the airport.
I obliged him and saw him off.
Hopefully made his flight. He looked plenty tired.
Thanks for treating him well. I just got a postcard. He's in Littleton NH. Hopefully he makes it home today.

·
Registered
2010 Xterra S
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's nuts! FedEx must have tossed a leaf on the wrong truck. Glad it made it safe and sound though!
FYI the barcode labels on both leaf springs came off in transit and had to be replaced. That probably explains the delays. Both were reprinted and taped directly onto the leaf springs

·
Registered
27 Posts
FYI the barcode labels on both leaf springs came off in transit and had to be replaced. That probably explains the delays. Both were reprinted and taped directly onto the leaf springs
If you can, shoot us an email with some pics showing how they looked when they arrived to you. When we ship leaf springs we cut the label into thirds and apply it to the inside arch with a sheet of tape applied on top of that to prevent the label from getting nicked / marred. This has been more effective for us than having labels ziptied to the eye. Handlers seemed to like to grab the plastic the label adheres to and rip it off of the spring, in which case they'd go missing.

·
Registered
2010 Xterra S
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Ado - too late. I peeled all labels off before bolting them up. But the labels were exactly as you described, cut into thirds complete with the packing tape over them. I assumed fedex did that since the first set arrived with a barcode wadded up on the plastic wrap over the forward mount.

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
279 Posts
Must be a FexEx thing. Had the same thing happen at work last week. Ordered a part from Fresno CA to Santa Maria CA 4 hours away and it made it to Los Angeles Then Chicago then to Santa Maria a week later.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Must be a FexEx thing. Had the same thing happen at work last week. Ordered a part from Fresno CA to Santa Maria CA 4 hours away and it made it to Los Angeles Then Chicago then to Santa Maria a week later.
UPS has some fun too. We had a Borla exhaust that was being shipped from Tennessee to our shop in Nebraska take a journey to the Finger Lakes in New York before deciding to roll on over to the midwest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts